Any ordered anything from Cex online?

Edited by:"djonesbt45"Found 7th Nov 2017
After some advice here folks about Cex. I ordered an iPad costing £250, a Phone at £130 and a fitbit at £70. All items seem to have been sent out individually however they have only gave one tracking number with RM and even better is it doesn't work.

The system is currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference BHxxxxxxxxx. Please try again later.

Any ideas on how Cex managed this? I read all items containing batteries are sent out tracked but I only have 1 tracking number

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

Never had a problem with them in the past. Bought several items, the most expensive was £350 and I did receive it actually one day before estimated date. This is a big player not only in uk but most of the European countries so I wouldn't be worried about anything.

Always use PayPal or credit card, this is "just in case" to protect your money. But with this company you'll be ok.

They are a nightmare to deal with if something goes wrong. Had to wait four weeks for them to find an item i had ordered. They don't have a phone line. All you can do is email them. If you go into a store they won't help you as you didn't order from that store

The only item from them I have faulty was the Samsung alpha I bought online. After 6 months it lost the reception completely. Returned it to my local store and they offered me another mobile without any issues. Maybe I'm just lucky.

The reason they were sent out individually was most likely cause the items were in three separate shops.

I once bought a lens where the store which had it didn't ship it for a week!

All should be fine but if you want to check the situation hit them up on Facebook, email is so old fashioned.

How long has it been since they were dispatched? Royal mail can be pretty poor with their updates I find.

I've always received my orders from Cex, only issue I've had over the years is a Samsung wireless charging pad I got sent was fake and I had to send it back, free returns and they sent me a replacement. So be sure to check the items are the real deal.

Original Poster

paperwings8 h, 20 m ago

How long has it been since they were dispatched? Royal mail can be pretty …How long has it been since they were dispatched? Royal mail can be pretty poor with their updates I find.I've always received my orders from Cex, only issue I've had over the years is a Samsung wireless charging pad I got sent was fake and I had to send it back, free returns and they sent me a replacement. So be sure to check the items are the real deal.

I got the email saying dispatched on Sunday. Royal mail say they have no information on the parcel which was the iPad, the phone and fitbit should have been sent special because of the battery but they haven't been so they are investigating. I think they have made a cock up.

I recall a similar thread, there was an in-depth overview of the CEX shipping procedures by a CEX employee.

In short, items ordered online can come from various locations, as has been said previous, each location will package the item(s) ready for collection, once a week they will be collected en masse and all given the same collection reference, although each will have its own tracking number, which will not be given unless theres a query later.

I ordered a £450 laptop, many games iPad and a phones never had a problem. However last year I ordered an s7 and the phone started to heat up a tiny bit, I went instore they did their warranty check, they didn't find the problem but they still gave me a full refund. If the item dispatched on Sunday I give it till Friday as on their website it says 3-5 days because it could come from the other side of the UK. If it doesn't come by then just go in store and they will be more than happy to help. What I have found with CEX is each store uses different carriers. Sometimes it's next day Royal Mail, sometimes UPS.

I bought a R7 240 GPU for £20, they sent me a HD5450 GPU instead Looks like another trip to CEX to get it sorted.

Original Poster

Right an update guys. The iPad arrived yesterday via Royal Mail, It was sent Special so even though they dispatched it Saturday it wasn't collected until Tuesday. The phone is an odd one, it has Royal Mail Tracked 24 on it but was delivered by UPS yesterday, the Fitbit is still AWOL.

I found out recently that items bought online, if you have to return it, can now be done at your nearest store for refund.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions