Expired

Any other idiot forget to cancel Amazon Prime?

Found 14th Jan 2012
Just had my credit card bill to find a nasty £49 charge for Amazon Prime.

What a kick in the balls.

Anybody that wants to use my Prime subscription, let me know.

Michael.
Community Updates
42 Comments
I shouldn't but I lolled
ouch
is that like optimus prime
If you haven't used it since you went from the free trial to the subscription, Amazon will refund the £49. I don't think there's a time limit on this, and if it was on your credit card bill I presume it must have only happened in the last month anyway.
Havince

is that like optimus prime

Dont get your hopes up, this is the scale of the F up if OP cant cancel

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LLm7X-NEzxs/ThFD5yjTAbI/AAAAAAAAAEA/FjNJtQU1rI4/s1600/transformers-3-demotivational-poster-1279805738.jpg
They should refund you if you haven't used it. Give them a call, they're really friendly gotta be fair to them. Happened to me like a year ago :P
Original Poster
Only ordered one thing from Amazon over Xmas just to get the free trial.

Haven't ordered anything since.

What are the chances of getting a refund?

Original Poster
I'm gonna try to ring them now.

Anyone got the number?

Shakey Mic

Only ordered one thing from Amazon over Xmas just to get the free trial. … Only ordered one thing from Amazon over Xmas just to get the free trial. Haven't ordered anything since.What are the chances of getting a refund?

Check post 4 link to thread clicky
Edited by: "simplex" 14th Jan 2012
Original Poster
No link in post 4?
Shakey Mic

No link in post 4?

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/facepalm/grand/mma_facepalm_gif.gif

Go with what Domislice is saying, im sure you can cancel

Original Poster
Telephone number anyone?

Can I cancel my membership to Amazon Prime?You can cancel your membership … Can I cancel my membership to Amazon Prime?You can cancel your membership in Your Account at any time before you or your registered guests have made any eligible purchases and we will refund your full membership fee. To do this, visit the "Prime Settings" link of Your Account and click the "Cancel membership" button. It can take up to two days for completing this process. For any trial or other promotional memberships you may cancel such membership at any time by clicking Prime Settings in Your Account and selecting the "Do not upgrade" button.

Shakey Mic

Telephone number anyone?

Can I cancel my membership to Amazon Prime?You can cancel your … Can I cancel my membership to Amazon Prime?You can cancel your membership in Your Account at any time before you or your registered guests have made any eligible purchases and we will refund your full membership fee. To do this, visit the "Prime Settings" link of Your Account and click the "Cancel membership" button. It can take up to two days for completing this process. For any trial or other promotional memberships you may cancel such membership at any time by clicking Prime Settings in Your Account and selecting the "Do not upgrade" button.

Yeah, this.
Shakey Mic

Telephone number anyone?

I would use there chat thing as it will give you chat logs if they dont do what they say they will.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…tml

Alternatively call Freephone 0800 496 1081 for general queries
Go under help at the bottom of the page - select contact us button and go from there - you can request a ring back and they will can you back within the second!
Original Poster
RESULT!

Hello from Amazon.co.uk.

Your Amazon Prime membership has been cancelled, per your request.

Since you have not used your Amazon Prime benefits, we are refunding your membership fee. Your refund should be processed within the next 2-3 business days and will appear as a credit on your next credit card billing statement. If your latest membership charge is still processing, we'll issue the refund as soon as the charge is completed.

If you'd like to join Amazon Prime again, you can start a membership by signing-up during checkout or visiting the Amazon Prime page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/prime

Thank you for trying Amazon Prime and shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

Best regards,

Amazon.co.uk Customer Service

http://www.amazon.co.uk

[img][/img]
Shakey Mic

RESULT!Hello from Amazon.co.uk.Your Amazon Prime membership has been … RESULT!Hello from Amazon.co.uk.Your Amazon Prime membership has been cancelled, per your request.Since you have not used your Amazon Prime benefits, we are refunding your membership fee. Your refund should be processed within the next 2-3 business days and will appear as a credit on your next credit card billing statement. If your latest membership charge is still processing, we'll issue the refund as soon as the charge is completed.If you'd like to join Amazon Prime again, you can start a membership by signing-up during checkout or visiting the Amazon Prime page: [url=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.amazon.co.uk%252Fprime]http://www.amazon.co.uk/prime[/url]Thank you for trying Amazon Prime and shopping at Amazon.co.uk.Best regards,Amazon.co.uk Customer Servicehttp://www.amazon.co.uk[img][/img]

OP can you mention which method you used from above to help others in the future, cheers
Banned
I always cancel prime a minute after taking up the one month trial each year. You still get the full month free!
not so ouch
simplex

Check post 4 link to thread clicky

I see what you did there
csiman

I always cancel prime a minute after taking up the one month trial each … I always cancel prime a minute after taking up the one month trial each year. You still get the full month free!

Thanks for that csiman, did not know you could use the prime yearly
Original Poster
I managed to make conversation through one of those chat sessions. Fair play the guy, no questions asked. It was all sorted in minutes.
That would be ME lol, but i think i got my £49 worth of delivery
maccy1

Thanks for that csiman, did not know you could use the prime yearly

me neither - I thought it was a one off thing - cool - will be using that next Christmas!
Thanks Mr Buck for the useful free phone number 0800 496 1081
I was charged £49 for prime which I have never used.
Just called the number and amazon were very friendly and helpful and as I've not used the service have agreed a full refund in 2-3 days...
Discovered my son had Prime - must have been after he got a kindle at Xmas and I added my card to let him order something. Got the phone number here and they were very helpful and arranged a £49 refund.
Banned
Been there done that OP.
wow, I didn't notice the fee attached to Prime! Remember seeing something a while back but didn't really process it. Anyway just logged in and managed to cancel it before renewal on the 14 Jan - thanks OP you just saved me £50 that probably would have slipped past me with the other orders I get from Amazon
I just cancelled mine, I went to 'My Account' and clicked on 'Manage Your Prime Membership', on the left there should be an option in the list to end subscription, click on that, end now and viola, £49 refunded, I came as a nasty shock to me to find £49 had been taken out of my account, especially being as this was 5 minutes after finding I had been underpaid by about £200!
I'm in the same situation but have used the service, what chance of getting a refund? I don't want the video streaming either.
fordy99

I'm in the same situation but have used the service, what chance of … I'm in the same situation but have used the service, what chance of getting a refund? I don't want the video streaming either.

I realised a week after I got charged and had also used it once too! Gave them a shout and they refunded me in full. Excellent service.
Please please please could the right person get in touch with me, I contacted amazon prime Luxembourg to view a football match, spoke to somebody who told me I was through to the wrong company, I asked them to ensure me that I have not, and do not want to subscribe, now I have checked my statement to see that £79.00 has been taken, I need to have a refund as have never, nor will ever use this facility.

Please somebody help me .

Regards clare jarvis
We have been charged after cancelling our subscription. The bank are looking into this for us and have refunded our payments. Thankfully we are not talking hundreds. Did anyone ever get a contact number for amazon prime?
Cancelled mine after 3 weeks to be sure.
thebaron69

Cancelled mine after 3 weeks to be sure.

Are you Irish?
deeky

Actually that post makes me an eejit … Actually that post makes me an eejit :|http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sure%20to%20be%20sure

X)

Careful, you'll be called racist soon...(_;)
deeky

Are you Irish?

Grandparents were. Only started the prime free trial when there was loads of blu-rays and cds being mistakenly sold for 3p on amazon.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants