Found 22nd Dec 2008
i have a 2 and a 5 year old. i was dead set on no more due to my kids having eczema..which is stressful and also fact that i feel terrible mentally after having kids.

however....i was speaking to a new friend of mine who has a 12 and 16 year old and she was like defo try for a girl .... because when they hit this age u realise how important it is to have somone u can chat with go out with as well.....

is it really? do u feel a void?

me and hubby are now consiering a third..if its a boy it will still be awesome.... but dont wanna look back either and regret never having tried.... but do i really need to?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
64 Comments

go forth and multiply :thumbsup:

Original Poster

DAMNOME;3833377

go forth and multiply :thumbsup:

haha thanks.....do u ahve kids or are u just being supportitive in ur own hukd way! hehe

i have 3 boys 19, 13 and 12 and all are perfect , beautiful, and healthy and thats all that matters to me......my eldest has left home but we meet up for coffee and lunch regularly and I love our time together xx

do it (an convince lynds of the same )

Got 2 girls (4 and 18 months). Could'nt handle any more :w00t:

Original Poster

bitseylango;3833437

i have 3 boys 19, 13 and 12 and all are perfect , beautiful, and healthy … i have 3 boys 19, 13 and 12 and all are perfect , beautiful, and healthy and thats all that matters to me......my eldest has left home but we meet up for coffee and lunch regularly and I love our time together xx

well u had three so u can never regret it. its good ur older one makes so muh effort..... i just assume when they get older they will just wanna be with friends/wives etc! the bond a mother and duaghter has.... i dunno...what if the girl is a real headache though! hehe

alnbowes;3833453

haha...... why...ur not her hubby are u?! hehe

MB I have 2 boys & a girl .. I love them all equally but I must say that my daughter was more than twice the trouble than my 2 boys put together!
Most teenagers would not want to go out with either of their parents to a club or bar! (when they get a bit older this may happen .. )
IMO only ever have more children if you really want them & can afford to do so!

Two girls 5 and 2.5. Thats it. We are done:thumbsup:

Banned

just one boy, and thats enough for me x

Original Poster

Foxy102;3833476

Got 2 girls (4 and 18 months). Could'nt handle any more :w00t:

18months...aww shes ickle....give it a while longer and u might start pondering?!

jellybaby22;3833507

Got one daughter who is 6...dont want anymore kids...EVER.......although … Got one daughter who is 6...dont want anymore kids...EVER.......although if I had ..had a boy I would have wanted to try for a girl...:)

hmmm thats just it...ooo i am in a pickle!

Lisa-Marie A;3833531

same as me :thumbsup:

magicbeans;3833513

well u had three so u can never regret it. its good ur older one makes so … well u had three so u can never regret it. its good ur older one makes so muh effort..... i just assume when they get older they will just wanna be with friends/wives etc! the bond a mother and duaghter has.... i dunno...what if the girl is a real headache though! hehe

i havent got a real close relationship with my mum, so I dont feel a void not having a girl. We did contemplate trying for a 4th but finance was a big factor i.e moving house, bigger car etc.....the main factor was I suffered terrible PND after the youngest and my OH didnt want to risk seeing me go through that again.

Banned

I can't look after myself never mind anyone else :oops:

Original Poster

snowtiger;3833515

MB I have 2 boys & a girl .. I love them all equally but I must say that … MB I have 2 boys & a girl .. I love them all equally but I must say that my daughter was more than twice the trouble than my 2 boys put together! Most teenagers would not want to go out with either of their parents to a club or bar! (when they get a bit older this may happen .. )IMO only ever have more children if you really want them & can afford to do so!

wow thanks for the honesty there...u sometimes have rose trinted glasses of what could be if u dont have it. nothing to say that having the girl could cause me headache as well..... i am very happy with my boys.... am i being stupid and want a girl just so i can create a special friend for myself in the long term?!

Marina;3833530

Two girls 5 and 2.5. Thats it. We are done:thumbsup:

two boys but similar ages! hehe..it is a handful!

Lisa-Marie A;3833531

hehe..... spoil him rotten!

Original Poster

bitseylango;3833577

i havent got a real close relationship with my mum, so I dont feel a void … i havent got a real close relationship with my mum, so I dont feel a void not having a girl. We did contemplate trying for a 4th but finance was a big factor i.e moving house, bigger car etc.....the main factor was I suffered terrible PND after the youngest and my OH didnt want to risk seeing me go through that again.

yeah thats waht scares me..... i didnt get diagnosed with PND but i was in a bad place for at leat 6-8 months...just felt so crud and lkife seemed pants.... actuall what scares me is it effected my relationship with my husband as well....and tbh it has taken about 2 years to be kinda normal in which time i saw that my husband might not be my rock in every way.....so why do i wanna jepordise that ....can u tell im very confused but thankful for ur honest replies!

DLM;3833578

haha....awww u look so cute holding ur niece (think it was ur neice in that piccy of u ages ago!)

alnbowes;3833453

will you give over not yet man !!!

MB, we have 2 boys 4 and only just 2. go for it. i want another one but in time..... but don't tell aln otherwise he will pester me :lol:

DLM;3833578

Same reason why I can't think of a third one:lazy:

Original Poster

lyndsbowes;3833633

will you give over not yet man !!!MB, we have 2 boys 4 and only just … will you give over not yet man !!!MB, we have 2 boys 4 and only just 2. go for it. i want another one but in time..... but don't tell aln otherwise he will pester me :lol:

hehe too late!! are u trying cos u wanna third or u wanna girl?:thinking:

Banned

magicbeans;3833616

haha....awww u look so cute holding ur niece (think it was ur neice in … haha....awww u look so cute holding ur niece (think it was ur neice in that piccy of u ages ago!)

I do love kid's but I have alway's thought my situation or the world isn't right.

I will probably think, oh right I will have one now but it will be too late :roll:

Banned

Marina;3833646

Same reason why I can't think of a third one:lazy:

Hi Marina, hope you are doing well babe.

Thank's for all your help over the last few week's x x

magicbeans;3833647

hehe too late!! are u trying cos u wanna third or u wanna girl?:thinking:

a 3rd but secretly would like to have a little girl to have a different experience but i wouldn't in any way be disappointed if it was a boy.... i think boys are fab and keep you on your toes lol

magicbeans;3833616

yeah thats waht scares me..... i didnt get diagnosed with PND but i was … yeah thats waht scares me..... i didnt get diagnosed with PND but i was in a bad place for at leat 6-8 months...just felt so crud and lkife seemed pants.... actuall what scares me is it effected my relationship with my husband as well....and tbh it has taken about 2 years to be kinda normal in which time i saw that my husband might not be my rock in every way.....so why do i wanna jepordise that ....can u tell im very confused but thankful for ur honest replies!

I know it wouldnt necessarily follow that I would have suffered again as I never had it with the first two, and if that is what is holding you back then you really need to have a chat with your husband. My doctor was incredible when i first went to see him...after 13 months of suffering :roll: i went on anti-depressants and they helped me so much, that I wish I had seen him earlier plus second time around both me and my OH would have been able to spot the signs before it developed too far.
Make the decision that is right for you and your family hun.....whatever you decide I wish you all the best.....xxxx

DLM;3833663

Hi Marina, hope you are doing well babe.Thank's for all your help over … Hi Marina, hope you are doing well babe.Thank's for all your help over the last few week's x x

:friends:
I am good, still sleepy like last week:lazy::-D
Hope you are ok.:thumbsup: x x

I have 4 boys that are mine and 2 stepchildren boy and a girl.

I had 4 kids coz i wanted them, everytime i have one i would wonder if it was a girl but always a boy which hasnt bothered me.
No more for us as hubby had the chop otherwise i would of carried on popping them out like no tomorrow lol....

Go for it if you want to have another but dont go for it, if its just for a girl as its the wrong reasons plus although you say now, you would be disappointed if it turned out another boy. If you want a 3rd baby regardless of sex go for it. We only live once and if we waited till we could afford it there wouldnt be many kids out there!

Banned

Marina;3833709

:friends:I am good, still sleepy like last week:lazy::-DHope you are … :friends:I am good, still sleepy like last week:lazy::-DHope you are ok.:thumbsup: x x

Love to you and your family this christmas x x

Also i had PND after my 2nd son, 3rd son, 4th son it got worse each time i had it to the point i wouldnt leave the house and myself and hubby nearly split in the end, but i come through it but still not 100% now really and my youngest will be 3 in Feb.

Original Poster

DLM;3833654

I do love kid's but I have alway's thought my situation or the world … I do love kid's but I have alway's thought my situation or the world isn't right.I will probably think, oh right I will have one now but it will be too late :roll:

its very tricky huh!

lyndsbowes;3833668

a 3rd but secretly would like to have a little girl to have a different … a 3rd but secretly would like to have a little girl to have a different experience but i wouldn't in any way be disappointed if it was a boy.... i think boys are fab and keep you on your toes lol

cute lil buckle shoes and pretty dresses!!! not just blue and browns and if ur lucky red or green.....!!

bitseylango;3833686

I know it wouldnt necessarily follow that I would have suffered again as … I know it wouldnt necessarily follow that I would have suffered again as I never had it with the first two, and if that is what is holding you back then you really need to have a chat with your husband. My doctor was incredible when i first went to see him...after 13 months of suffering :roll: i went on anti-depressants and they helped me so much, that I wish I had seen him earlier plus second time around both me and my OH would have been able to spot the signs before it developed too far. Make the decision that is right for you and your family hun.....whatever you decide I wish you all the best.....xxxx

dont think i wanna chat to hubby about it..he would dig his heels in and blame me and it would all blow up again. best to leave it and not look back at it...... i know i should.... but it just doesnt work like that with him:roll:

ur doc sounds awesome....

well i was reallyyep defo wanna baby before i posted this but this thread has put a few things in perspective. thanks people

Original Poster

amcol;3833739

Also i had PND after my 2nd son, 3rd son, 4th son it got worse each time … Also i had PND after my 2nd son, 3rd son, 4th son it got worse each time i had it to the point i wouldnt leave the house and myself and hubby nearly split in the end, but i come through it but still not 100% now really and my youngest will be 3 in Feb.

o you have 5 boys dont u!!

ur a busy mummy.....

dont know if the relationship with my hubby would be strong enough u know :thinking:

edit..sorry missed ur post above..u have 4 boys and 2 step kiddies... i see!!

yeah gotta try if i wanna baby..not if i wann girl...then see if it will be worth the risk of my hubby ane me rowuing due to me feeling pants after birth!

nah im not bothered about waiting to conceove on basis of money..ima religious person and believe God will always help

DLM;3833731

Love to you and your family this christmas x x

Aw!! Thanks DLM. Merry Christmas to you and family too:stocking::gift::santa:

I just wish I had the oportunity to have kids.
You just gotta do what you feel is right for you.

Banned

amcol;3833739

Also i had PND after my 2nd son, 3rd son, 4th son it got worse each time … Also i had PND after my 2nd son, 3rd son, 4th son it got worse each time i had it to the point i wouldnt leave the house and myself and hubby nearly split in the end, but i come through it but still not 100% now really and my youngest will be 3 in Feb.

Glad you are getting there, I have suffered with severe depression for a long time x x

Banned

bellabonkers;3833759

I just wish I had the oportunity to have kids. :)You just gotta do what … I just wish I had the oportunity to have kids. :)You just gotta do what you feel is right for you.

Me too, life can be rubbish at time's x x

magicbeans;3833754

o you have 5 boys dont u!!ur a busy mummy..... dont know if the … o you have 5 boys dont u!!ur a busy mummy..... dont know if the relationship with my hubby would be strong enough u know :thinking:

Is it worth having a baby if the relationship isnt going to survive it if you get PND?? Dont want to put you off but dont want you to end up with PND a single parent with a new baby.

Banned

amcol;3833781

Is it worth having a baby if the relationship isnt going to survive it if … Is it worth having a baby if the relationship isnt going to survive it if you get PND?? Dont want to put you off but dont want you to end up with PND a single parent with a new baby.

That would probably happen to me :roll:

DLM;3833794

That would probably happen to me :roll:

LOL!! You that impossible to live with

Banned

amcol;3833805

LOL!! You that impossible to live with

Nearly :oops:

Original Poster

bellabonkers;3833759

I just wish I had the oportunity to have kids. :)You just gotta do what … I just wish I had the oportunity to have kids. :)You just gotta do what you feel is right for you.

ur still young woman..... u will get the opp when mr right comes along

amcol;3833781

Is it worth having a baby if the relationship isnt going to survive it if … Is it worth having a baby if the relationship isnt going to survive it if you get PND?? Dont want to put you off but dont want you to end up with PND a single parent with a new baby.

i edited that post btw as i didnt see ur original post....

but yeah thats a very valid point :?

I think you've got to think about who you are having the child for - your sake or for the desire to have another child to bring into this world with an equal chance in life as your other children. A third child can disrupt the dynamics of life eg enough bedrooms, house space, other children's needs, holidays (5 is awkward!), transport etc etc. l
Don't get me wrong, if you feel its "right" then have another child regardless of if it's a boy or girl.
I've got 3 boys ages 5, 9, and 11 and I'm frazzled!!:w00t:

I cant say im an easy candidate to live with either, im not a normal housewife who spends hours tidying every day and being miss perfect, just not me, i do my own thing when i want to do my thing and he gets left being mother at times, but i feel i missed out on so much from having kids like getting time out etc out the home im doing it now!

Good thing is he lets me do pretty much what i want, i tell him and he does it hehe!!! Mean wifey i am.

Banned

amcol;3833847

I cant say im an easy candidate to live with either, im not a normal … I cant say im an easy candidate to live with either, im not a normal housewife who spends hours tidying every day and being miss perfect, just not me, i do my own thing when i want to do my thing and he gets left being mother at times, but i feel i missed out on so much from having kids like getting time out etc out the home im doing it now! Good thing is he lets me do pretty much what i want, i tell him and he does it hehe!!! Mean wifey i am.

Try not to ponder on what you have not had because you have probably got something that other's would love to have.

A good strong family x x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions