Any plumbers / bathroom fitters - correct orientation for quarter turn tap handles / levers

Found 12th Mar 2015
long story short - replacing damaged bathroom basin with used matched replacement

came with some nice taps so Missus wanted matching bath taps ......

taps are these

heritagebathrooms.com/epa…C00

now the basin tap handles are pointing forwards over the spout when off and the second hand bath taps (same design) are pointing outwards when off

My engineering logic would tell me the basin taps are wrong and bath taps are correct to convention / original supply condition.

But looking online it would appear otherwise, but I would guess that the link above would show the taps in the off position.

So anyone with more experience of these matters care to enlighten me

thanks

EliTom
Community Updates
AskBathroomTap
9 Comments
in other words does this picture show the taps on or off ?

http://www.heritagebathrooms.com/WebRoot/HeritageDB/Shops/Heritage/Products/WEB_IMAGE-1070536-D1.JPG

thanks

EliTom
Edited by: "elitom" 12th Mar 2015
Off
off - there is no water coming out of them (_;)
don't u just take off the top cap, unscrew the little screw, take off the handle and reset it ....?
richmond

don't u just take off the top cap, unscrew the little screw, take off the … don't u just take off the top cap, unscrew the little screw, take off the handle and reset it ....?

yes that is possible that is why I am asking!

the basin taps and bath taps are opposite

the basin taps as shown above would be on and the bath taps off

that is why I am asking if there is an accepted convention - bit like hot on left cold on right

EliTom
oh OK , for what it's worth, I think the picture above ,being off is the way to go ...
elitom

in other words does this picture show the taps on or off ?thanksEliTom

Im a tiler and have seen many different taps, those in the picture are definitely in the off position.

HTH.
missleading

With elbow taps, your hands turn the handles towards you to turn on and … With elbow taps, your hands turn the handles towards you to turn on and you use your elbows to push the levers outwards and away from you to shut off.

for once the Missus agrees with me - she says that's the off position ..... and she is a kinda nurse

EliTom
Sy83

Im a tiler and have seen many different taps, those in the picture are … Im a tiler and have seen many different taps, those in the picture are definitely in the off position.HTH.

cheers pal - that's what I was hoping for - a professional in the field to give a definitive answer

EliTom
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants