Groups

Any Plumbers on here? I have a stupid question to ask re the toilet cistern!

Okay, looking at our toilet cistern from the front, on the left hand side at the top there is a kind of badge (presumably a manufacturers badge). Do you know if this part has a name? Ours was only plastic with gold colouring on and looks terrible as part of it has flaked off and I wondered if I could buy a part to replace it?

Anyone know?

7 Comments

if it comes off, could you not paint it to match the colour scheme of your bathroom?

Original Poster

yeah, probably but more the problem is it's got some kind of mould on (not sure if it's limescale and I couldn't remove it with vinegar, etc)

Have you tried making your own badge?

http://www.thomas-crapper.com/images/crapper-logo.gif

Original Poster

Lol, I will try that! I have a naff champagne bathroom suite - too tight to shell out on a white suite and so am trying to refresh it all a bit by changing the taps, etc - hence asking this bizarre question!

I might see if I can find my old Dennis the Menace Fan Club badge and stick that over the top to see if that fits in okay!

fruityloops

Lol, I will try that! I have a naff champagne bathroom suite - too tight … Lol, I will try that! I have a naff champagne bathroom suite - too tight to shell out on a white suite and so am trying to refresh it all a bit by changing the taps, etc - hence asking this bizarre question!I might see if I can find my old Dennis the Menace Fan Club badge and stick that over the top to see if that fits in okay!

The little badge type thing is actually a cover so that the flush can be located on either the left or the right. I would take this off and buy a new chrome one from any decent plumbers merchant, or even B&Q. It doesn't actually do anything, so you could silicone on your Dennis the Menace Fan Club badge if you wanted!

Original Poster

Ah right, now that makes sense (I knew it must be there for something!).

Thanks a lot! :-)

Foxy102

The little badge type thing is actually a cover so that the flush can be … The little badge type thing is actually a cover so that the flush can be located on either the left or the right. I would take this off and buy a new chrome one from any decent plumbers merchant, or even B&Q. It doesn't actually do anything, so you could silicone on your Dennis the Menace Fan Club badge if you wanted!

Wow ! didnt know that the badge is there for a purpose. Thanks Foxy :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767204
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1013
      3. word association Game73844474
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553782
      5. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?816

See more discussions