Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid

Any plumbers? Washing machine water supply end caps?

Posted 7th Feb 2010
Ok, getting a new washing machine. The previous one was hot and cold fill, the new one is cold fill only.

We have the little blue and red taps providing feed onto which screws the washing machine feed hose(s). The hot supply is turned off at the little red tap but I would feel a bit better if there was an end cap that would screw on. This I would guess would simply be a nylon or metal screw on cap the same size as the washing machine connector hose. I have looked in several stores and not found them (if they exist)? i would have thought this was quite a common requirement?

Any ideas? Of course somewhere there must be a proper tap that feeds that hot supply but damned if I have located it yet!
Community Updates

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.