any previous experience with www.gateway2lease.com to lease a car ??

Found 17th Feb
Hi all
i was thinking to lease a car from gateway2lease.com/
I realised that there is no clear policy regarding

1_ Exceeding the allocated milage
2_ extension of the agreed period
3_ Fees of early contract termination

any idea ?

Thanx
Community Updates
AskCar Lease
5 Comments
may be give them a call in the week they may be able to help 01299 407 360 Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm
Gateway2lease are a broker, they don't provide the finance they merely introduce you to the finance company. It will be the finance company that dictates the terms, therefore all those things may differ depending on which car you want, and which company is providing the finance.
yes i used them a few years back and they were much the same as any other broker ive used.

The ppm for going over the milage was set by Mercedes, who i dealt with direct for everything after i signed the initial contract, so id imagine it will be similar for other manufacturers - mercedes tho didnt offer a price for extension they wanted the car back end of story and id imagine they would hold you to term for giving it back early
Hi, in response to your questions:

1, Excess mileage charge will be defined in the Financing Contract. My last lease, it was 6pence per mile ..next lease its 7ppm,
2. You cannot extend a lease period once it has been agreed.
3. Fees depend on type of personal lease agreement, I think once you have paid 50% of the term, there are no additional charges - unless you have gone over the mileage (pro-rata) and, the condition of returned car (it is subject to BVLA fair wear & tear checks).

I have had a quick look at the website..they seems to want a 9 month upfront payment and low annual mileage..

Google " contract hire & leasing " I have just sourced two new lease cars (Mini Cooper S and Mazda 6) through it.
Splodger10140 m ago

2. You cannot extend a lease period once it has been agreed.

Depends. You can with some companies when you're approaching the end of the current term. VWFS allowed me to extend either informally by up to 3 months, or formally with a further fixed term of either 6 months or 12 months.
Splodger10140 m ago

3. Fees depend on type of personal lease agreement, I think once you have …3. Fees depend on type of personal lease agreement, I think once you have paid 50% of the term, there are no additional charges - unless you have gone over the mileage (pro-rata) and, the condition of returned car (it is subject to BVLA fair wear & tear checks).

The cost of exiting a personal contract hire deal will depend on what is written in your contract. There is no legal entitlement to walk away from a lease car for free halfway through the term. What you are describing sounds like voluntary termination under the halves and thirds rule. This entitles you to terminate your agreement early and without further penalty once you have paid 50% of the total amount payable in your agreement, including interest and fees. Unfortunately that applies to Hire Purchase and PCP, but not Contract Hire.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants