Any pro to convert bike to ebike?

Posted 22nd May
found on eBay a wheel with 3000w 72v motor,but then I need a good battery too,right?
how much that would cost with this conversion please?
anyone from around S80 area
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
The battery is supposed to match the voltage of the wheel and wattage, anything above 250w and is not pedal assist is illegal for push bikes, but you can make your own electric motor bike but have to register it and get it checked out dvla
Edited by: "_Tris_" 22nd May
Wow, what are you attempting to do.
I have a motor that is 250W and will do over 20mph (I had it in Australia). I put it on my road bike as the rules there were 200W with no maximum speed. WIth me pedalling on top I hit around 24mph all the way home It was really enjoyable, even more so when I ended up riding with a british champion cyclist who was training over there. Makes you appreciate how quick these guys are.
If you want to proceed with something that is going to stick out like a sore thumb when you do 40mph then go to endless sphere / pedelecs
or equivalent and ask away..
_Tris_22/05/2020 15:53

The battery is supposed to match the voltage of the wheel and wattage, …The battery is supposed to match the voltage of the wheel and wattage, anything above 250w and is not pedal assist is illegal for push bikes, but you can make your own electric motor bike but have to register it and get it checked out dvla

Yep,

OP might be doing this.

Personally OP, I would start smaller unless you're used to owning 1000cc motorcycles.
Edited by: "mogsog" 22nd May

Forward to 9 min 27 seconds
sjr1974uk22/05/2020 20:18

[Video] Forward to 9 min 27 seconds

He's a funny chap. I'm subbed to him.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions