Any product sleuths? Trying to find a certain owl ornament

Posted 26th Nov
A picture fell of the wall at my mum's house yesterday, fortunately only one thing was broken that it landed on but she is quite fond of it and wants to replace it.

Here is what is left of the owl. It's only small, about 4 inches tall intact I'd guess.

3343610.jpg
When she showed me it I thought it would be easy as I saw it still had a sticker on the bottom complete with product number and barcode but no joy.

3343610.jpg

PMS (What a great choice of business name/acronym!) is just a distributor/wholesaler so no joy there and nothing came up for the barcode or item no. in the sites I searched.

I've had a look via google, Amazon and ebay but got nothing. Hoping someone with better sleuthing skills might be able to find it. It's only a cheap thing and not exactly the end of the world but it'd be nice to find one somewhere for her.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
If it's very old, I would suspect it was a 'limited run' product from a garden centre or Poundland/Homebase/QD type store. Unlikely you'd find it still in production. What is it made from? Resin or something else?

On a purely personal point-of-view, is it an item of sentimental value? Only (and putting it as carefully as I can) it's not exactly a 'quality' ornament, is it? It reminds me of the sort of thing you'd pick up on a table near the checkouts in "The Range" at the end of summer for 50p a pop. Sorry to sound like 'John Blunt' but I can hear my dear Gran's voice now. "Bit of tat!", she'd say. Hehe.

I'm sure there's a story behind it - one you'll perhaps share?

Best regards, Phsy.
Pick up the bits and repair it or take it to someone who can do that, it's amazing what some of these guys can do but it'll probably cost you way more than it's worth
Phsycronix26/11/2019 14:09

If it's very old, I would suspect it was a 'limited run' product from a …If it's very old, I would suspect it was a 'limited run' product from a garden centre or Poundland/Homebase/QD type store. Unlikely you'd find it still in production. What is it made from? Resin or something else?On a purely personal point-of-view, is it an item of sentimental value? Only (and putting it as carefully as I can) it's not exactly a 'quality' ornament, is it? It reminds me of the sort of thing you'd pick up on a table near the checkouts in "The Range" at the end of summer for 50p a pop. Sorry to sound like 'John Blunt' but I can hear my dear Gran's voice now. "Bit of tat!", she'd say. Hehe.I'm sure there's a story behind it - one you'll perhaps share?Best regards, Phsy.

She doesn't remember where she got it but she thinks it was earlier this year, in the summer.

No, it's not sentimental or anything and I probably oversold how important it is to replace, which is really not that important at all. She just doesn't like to lose any of them, their house is the typical 60-ish year old parents house with ornaments and other tat all over the place.

I just thought It'd be easy with the label details but it turned out not. You're right, it was probably a quid at most.
could ring them give them item number see what they say
pmsinternational.com/
Weenie.Beenie26/11/2019 14:15

She doesn't remember where she got it but she thinks it was earlier this …She doesn't remember where she got it but she thinks it was earlier this year, in the summer.No, it's not sentimental or anything and I probably oversold how important it is to replace, which is really not that important at all. She just doesn't like to lose any of them, their house is the typical 60-ish year old parents house with ornaments and other tat all over the place.I just thought It'd be easy with the label details but it turned out not. You're right, it was probably a quid at most.

God, it sounds like my parents place! I just helped them clear out a lot of stuff and it was a real uphill battle to unload some of the, um, crud (polite word) that was in cupboards and drawers etc! And batteries - batteries EVERYWHERE!!! Packs and packs of em!

I keep desperately trying to remember where I've seen labels like that but more than likely, everywhere. I would think they are an import distributor to many 'general' stores who sell this sort of stuff. The likes of QD love this sort of gear. I take it it's completely ruined or can it be glued at all? Probably not worth it eh? I was wondering if you were going to say it was a gift from a grandchild or similar sentimentality.

Go to Homebase - pick up any of a thousand "cute" ornaments - she'll be happy!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants