Groups

any product that gets the smell of smoke out of clothes?

I'm a uni student and I don't smoke, however my parents do.
    when I take my stuff home to get washed to save money (wink wink) they naturally smell of smoke.
    I've thought about using something like febreeze? I'm not too sure what would work though.

thanks in advance

9 Comments

Surely if you wash them then put them in bag fresh they should escape? Use plenty of comfort

Solution: Wash them yourself.

Either do your own laundry, or hang them out to air once you get back to yours. A good dose of fresh air will shift the smell. I think it's a bit odd though, for freshly laundered clothes to smell of smoke, even if your folks both smoke. Do they dry them indoors? Ask them to line dry, or tumble dry and keep them in a smoke free place. I imagine you'll be met with a response similar to moob's though

Original Poster

lostscot

Surely if you wash them then put them in bag fresh they should escape? … Surely if you wash them then put them in bag fresh they should escape? Use plenty of comfort

That's what I was thinking of doing - without some sort of useful product this may be the best option thanks.

moob

Solution: Wash them yourself.

Pretty sure this is obvious.
    However as it costs £3.20 for a wash and a dry on top of costs for liquitabs, softener and whatever else I'd rather throw my stuff in with my parent's washing when I get the opportunity. When this is not an option then yes I do wash them myself.

Penny Saver

Either do your own laundry, or hang them out to air once you get back to … Either do your own laundry, or hang them out to air once you get back to yours. A good dose of fresh air will shift the smell. I think it's a bit odd though, for freshly laundered clothes to smell of smoke, even if your folks both smoke. Do they dry them indoors? Ask them to line dry, or tumble dry and keep them in a smoke free place. I imagine you'll be met with a response similar to moob's though

Air-drying does work however I am in a shared block of flats at university, so this is damn near impossible
    And they use a tumble dryer.

Before anyone else makes any comments about how my parents do my washing etc. I'm 19 and at university, living in a block of flats away from home.
    Edited by: "Jonnyisonfire" 6th Nov 2010

Paraffin & matches will get rid of the smell of smoke, and most (if not all) other smells as well

Try febreeze or doing your own washing.
    I hate the smell of cigarette smoke!

Original Poster

cis_groupie

Paraffin & matches will get rid of the smell of smoke, and most (if not … Paraffin & matches will get rid of the smell of smoke, and most (if not all) other smells as well

I'm positive that would get rid of everything else in my flat too

sickly sweet

Try febreeze or doing your own washing.I hate the smell of cigarette … Try febreeze or doing your own washing.I hate the smell of cigarette smoke!

yes, after 19 years of living with it I never really noticed it but I do now.
    It's ironic that I grew out of having asthma a few years ago too

do you live at uni? doubt it really matters, i dont usually sniff girls

Just wear some perfume!

half the people smoke in uni anyways!

just realised ur a dude - um that changes the whole thing! listen to what everyone else says!
    Edited by: "Boom123" 6th Nov 2010

Original Poster

Boom123

do you live at uni? doubt it really matters, i dont usually sniff … do you live at uni? doubt it really matters, i dont usually sniff girlsJust wear some perfume!half the people smoke in uni anyways!just realised ur a dude - um that changes the whole thing! listen to what everyone else says!

haha!
    thanks for your input :P
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251370
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876389

See more discussions