Groups

Any programmes to fake a hi tech displays for movies ?

A bit of along shot, but...

My daughters shooting a movie and need a number of displays to look 'techy'. Something will moving displays and graphs all moving in real time.

I'd think there's a way to make excel do it somehow ? But are there are movies makers out there who know if there's any software to fake up this kind of thing ?

6 Comments

I'd probably just animate what I wanted in flash. you could maybe do a fast power point presentation tho and set it to auto play / loop. what sort of thing are you looking for? for graphs / oscilliscope type things, you could maybe use a winamp visualisation displaying the output from a simple sound file.

Yeh, I think brufterman's idea of an a/v software running will give the quickest results for minimal effort

You could perhaps take clips from existing movies which use such effects and use them yourself.

So find a clip from a movie (on youtube or somewhere) which has some 'techie' bits in and edit out the bit you want.

I like bruffterman's idea too. If you can somehow create the graphics (in powerpoint or wherever), you could use a screen recording program (loads out there, google for them) to get an actual video file of the animation. AFAIK powerpoint doesn't let you save a slideshow as a video file but i may be wrong - don't use it very often myself.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

edit: another idea.. it's not uncommon to see what you're talking about in games. If you have a suitable PC game installed on your computer, you could use a screen recording program to record the bit you want.

I got as far as 'My daughters shooting a movies'

It's called playback and flash is great at that but can be overkill for low budget
    try a screen saver - loads of matrix charachter display ones on the internet
    visualisations from itunes/ wmp/ winamp etc
    the graphical outputs from [email protected] or [email protected] etc
    fsck running in a loop on a terminal
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4291999
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764664
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals31412
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work55

See more discussions