Groups
    EXPIRED

Any rail and bus travel deals available

Anybody know of any good deals available for bus or rail travel.

Something along the lines of the natinal express £6 one way train deals would be ideal but this offer finished earlier this week before i had the chance to book.

cheers

5 Comments

may be REALLY helpful if you give DATES, TIMES, and LOCATIONS TO/FROM! :x

Original Poster

Apologies, it would be from Central Scotland 26th or 27th november, not really that particular about where we go just looking to get away for a couple of days, suppose along the lines of Aberdeen or Newcastle would be ideal as national express deal last week was only £12 return for these locations.

so Aderdeen to Newcastle? lol

I'll see how far past newcastle you can go for the same price lol :thumbsup:

EDIT: You're looking at a £40per person return for Aberdeen - Newcastle, DPT (Thurs) 26, Returning Sat 28th. York is an extra £14 each (so £54 per return)

Assuming that by 'Central Scotland' you may consider Edinburgh as a suitable departure point there is:
    York
    26th November leaving at 1306 arriving 1541 for £15.50 each
    returning
    28th November leaving at 1341 arriving 1618 for £13.00 each
    making a total of £57 for the two of you.

Going on the 27th isn't really going to work as it'll be at least an extra £33.60 total for the outward journey.

Going on the 26th and staying until the 29th isn't actually as bad as you may have thought (as the return is on a Sunday which is the absolute busiest (read most expensive) for leisure travel. The 1936 from York (arriving Edinburgh at 2220) would cost £15.50 each.

The £15.50 fares are bookable anywhere (including main rail stations) but the £13.00 one is only available at ]nationalexpresseastcoast.com. You can book the same train anywhere else but it will cost £14.60 instead.

An excellent deal via Great Western is for a return ticket anywhere on their network for £25, which could be London - Penzance. Look at ther site.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best supermarket Disaronno?11
      2. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed56
      3. Anyone play memory games?33
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1010

See more discussions