Any recent PPI success stories here?

Found 30th Oct 2012
As per the title...!

I have just sent the Financial Ombudsman PPI questionnaire to Egg, HSBC & Mint (RBS). Hope I hear from them soon!
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
26 Comments
Original Poster
Thanks for the info.
http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/ToylineAssembly/stuff/tumbleweed.gif
Banned
My man got £3765 back earlier this year.

We bought a new kitchen with it
Did one to MBNA and they sent a letter saying there is no claim to be had, and that it was their final decision on the matter, to contact the FSA. Closed the CC account so long ago now I don't know if I can be bothered to mess about with it.
No.

Probably because I was never daft or naive enough to take out a policy in the first place! oO
markq

No.Probably because I was never daft or naive enough to take out a policy … No.Probably because I was never daft or naive enough to take out a policy in the first place! oO

funny that me being daft and naive meant i more than doubled my money i "invested in ppi policy" interest paid on my ppi over the years made my savings rate look dire.
you've missed the boat.. not a single person has been paid out since that ruling.
Edited by: "moneysaver9988" 30th Oct 2012
jamstaruk1972

funny that me being daft and naive meant i more than doubled my money i … funny that me being daft and naive meant i more than doubled my money i "invested in ppi policy" interest paid on my ppi over the years made my savings rate look dire.

I said daft OR naive but nevermind.

So it was all a cunning plan on your part? oO

Take out at least one unecessary policy (knowing that it was useless at the time), wait god knows how many years. Then strike it rich when the government make it easy to make compensation claims by making a claim denying the fact that you knew it was useless and claiming it was mis-sold.

Hmmm. Which useless insurance policy do you recommend taking out atm in order to gain mega riches in years to come?

(ps sorry for sarcasm, but if you cant take a bloody joke you kinda deserve it!)
It's not just being missold that you can use as a basis for claiming, a number of lenders charged interest on the insurance premiums by lumping the insurance and loan sums together before calulating the full loan value, which has now been deemed illegal. Therefore it is quite possible for someone to have legitimately chosen the PPI policy to claim back the sum invested in the policy plus interest without having been "missold said policy". I filled in forms for Alliance and Leicester and Egg on this basis in July, both were upheld within 8 weeks
Can someone tell me why PPI was useless?
Maybe the next thing is car insurance claimback.
I got nearly 4k back at the beginning of this month from Lloyds. I knowingly took out the PPI but was mis-sold it as it didn't cover Me as a member of HM forces.
HSBC have just offered me £4100 back on a loan from 2004 which I had already tried to claim back on. Wrote another complaint stating as I did before I was told I had to have the PPI or else I could not have the loan and this time they have decided to cough up.
Edited by: "donaldduck2" 31st Oct 2012
I want compo for the harrasment of all the calls I get asking if I want to take out a claim

I have ex directory number have regesterd not to recieve cold calls yet still they call
Original Poster
miles136

I want compo for the harrasment of all the calls I get asking if I want … I want compo for the harrasment of all the calls I get asking if I want to take out a claimI have ex directory number have regesterd not to recieve cold calls yet still they call

You may be interested in this...
Cold Calling: The victim who fought back - and won
rchan

You may be interested in this...Cold Calling: The victim who fought back … You may be interested in this...Cold Calling: The victim who fought back - and won

i seen this the other day good on him i thought
i went to Lloyds and got my account info and did that myself. got £2500 back from credit cards and £4000 back from loans going back 10 years.
Like Paddy i was a squaddie and therefore didn't need the PPI that they gave me so it was all given back

i am going through the FOS atm with a loan from Sainsburys and it could take upto 12 months to hear anything from them but that one alone is worth about £6000 ...!!!
i got £3000 back from a lloyds tsb loan
whats the best way to claim it? via companies such as the claim guys or?.. how would I go about doing it?
Edited by: "zerowing" 31st Oct 2012
if you have any accounts with the bank that may have had PPI - just ask them outright.. and they generally do it themselves. with Lloyds they have a dedicated phone line just for this.

or you can ring up any one of the companies doing PPI claimback ie Gladstone Brookes ( others are available but i used them ) and they ask you for any account info you may have - most of this you can get from doing the experian credit report.. you may have forgotten some of the information and it is all there for you.

if you go through someone else they'll take a commission of about 25-30% but that's still better than what you had in your pocket already ( nothing )

good luck
My mum got back £650 . Not as much as some of you guys on here, but better than nothing!
markq

No.Probably because I was never daft or naive enough to take out a policy … No.Probably because I was never daft or naive enough to take out a policy in the first place! oO

I grind my teeth every time someone asks if I've reclaimed my PPI, It wasn't hard to avoid in the first place if you could read and employ some very basic logical thinking.

I'm sick of the phone calls from call center battery hens too. Last call wen't like this:

PPI - Afternoon Sir, we are calling regarding PPI you are owed, would you be interested in reclaiming?
Me -Not interested, thanks.
PPI - Why sir, are you rich? (wtf?)
Me - Yes, extremely.
PPI - Oh....
Me - Good day.

Normally I ask them to hold and play some Village People tracks until they hang up.
the thing is Mr Spaceinvader - people might believe that those who had PPI and were unaware are naive - but the fact is that most companies added it without your knowledge - hence the reason for claiming it back!

It took me 2 years to actually go through with the claiming of it back as i believed i'd never taken any out especially on my CC's as i was in the army and had job security.

It wasn't until i went to Lloyds and asked them, that the investigators told me i did have PPI and here was a nice cheque with our apologies ( ok they didn't actually apologise but it felt like they were )
Is there a time limit on these? mine dates back to 2003.
Original Poster
Veitas200700

Is there a time limit on these? mine dates back to 2003.

You should be ok... when did you finish paying it off?
Original Poster
zerowing

whats the best way to claim it? via companies such as the claim guys … whats the best way to claim it? via companies such as the claim guys or?.. how would I go about doing it?

Have a look on Money Saving Expert
moneysavingexpert.com/rec…nce
rchan

You should be ok... when did you finish paying it off?

It was added to my mortgage, which was settled in 2009. Do I claim against the PPI firm or the mortgage company or the broker to sold me both?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants