Any recommend PC Speakers?

Found 18th Nov 2017
My current Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers are on their way out and I need a replacement.

Are there any recommended 2.1 (or surround sound) speakers for less than £100? Ideally I'd like ones with a volume control on the speakers or a 'remote' and a headphone jack built into either.

For comparison, here's my current set:
amazon.co.uk/Log…8PG

Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Unless you've blown them they should be repairable. I would probably swap to an old home theatre and a set of reasonable speakers than a low end speaker set.
Original Poster
kester7624 m ago

Unless you've blown them they should be repairable. I would probably swap …Unless you've blown them they should be repairable. I would probably swap to an old home theatre and a set of reasonable speakers than a low end speaker set.

The problem is that the 'remote' is starting to go and it also contains the line input (everything is hardwired), it used to be just the power switch was dodgy but now the volume knob is going and I doubt I'll be able to repair them if it's what I think it is.

I don't have any suitable alternatives to hand and I'm thinking now may be a good time to look with Black Friday going on.
Edited by: "tech3475" 18th Nov 2017
Why not go for something like this if you want good surround sound and bass comes with remote. £85 http://w…039

32472481-PTxoX.jpg
And use this cable to link from of to hi fi.

32472481-XZSiA.jpg
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 18th Nov 2017
tech347544 m ago

The problem is that the 'remote' is starting to go and it also contains …The problem is that the 'remote' is starting to go and it also contains the line input (everything is hardwired), it used to be just the power switch was dodgy but now the volume knob is going and I doubt I'll be able to repair them if it's what I think it is.I don't have any suitable alternatives to hand and I'm thinking now may be a good time to look with Black Friday going on.

Sounds like the volume control needs contact cleaner. Not sure about the power switch but should be easy enough to repair/replace.
Original Poster
POWYSWALES4 h, 23 m ago

Why not go for something like this if you want good surround sound and …Why not go for something like this if you want good surround sound and bass comes with remote. £85 http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6525039[Image] And use this cable to link from of to hi fi.[Image]

Its an idea, but I dont really have the space on my desk for those speakers.

Ideally any subwoofer I get goes on the floor and has a similar configuration to my current set.

kester764 h, 5 m ago

Sounds like the volume control needs contact cleaner. Not sure about the …Sounds like the volume control needs contact cleaner. Not sure about the power switch but should be easy enough to repair/replace.

I believe its worse than that and seems to be solder related, making a repair beyond my skill level and the need to replace far more likely.

The switch is likewise probably soldered.

Id rather get a replacement set then try to repair as I can always return them as the chance of a successful repair is very low.
Edited by: "tech3475" 19th Nov 2017
Original Poster
Anyone have experience with the Creative Sound BlasterX Kratos S3?

amazon.co.uk/Cre…8AF

I can get these for about £50.
Original Poster
For slightly more I've found these:
amazon.co.uk/Log…T5Y

Anyone have experience of these or something better for less or slightly more?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants