Any recommendation for a VR headset?

5 replies
Found 2nd Dec 2016
Looking within Amazon there seems to be loads of choice for a cheap(ish) VR headset all with varying reviews (many of the 5 star positives are from folk who have received the product on a free or reduced cost basis). I'm wondering can anyone objectively recommend one? I've got a S7 edge and fancy having a dabble...cheers!

1. Ask
  2. Headset
  3. VR
5 Comments

I had the Samsung vr it was a nice experience for an hour or so then put it away forever.

Don't bother until the technology is fully developed...............It's a gimmick most the time. I can see movies would be good when you are traveling but gaming is a tough one to crack and can make people feel sick. It was tried in the 90's and the tech companies advised that it failed as the controls were hard to fully embed and more importantly, applying to to a common use (popular) was very difficult as human beings are social creatures. Last thing you need is to be immersed on the train and then miss your stop or have your wallet nabbed......So, Movies - Yes I get that ...so personally I'd wait till 2018 when the next gen of consoles come out they'll be pushing VR with them, but for now - Stick with the cheap options by Samsung and google as they're sub £200. HTC do a very good one but it's about £700.
Edited by: "TANDY" 2nd Dec 2016

I've got the Samsung Gear VR, and highly recommend it. Had hours of fun with it, there's plenty of games out there now to keep you going, and they're all fairly cheap (lots of free ones too, which in my opinion are just as good as some of the paid ones).

As above though, don't play it on the train!

Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback. Apart from the Samsung, anyone tried one of the cheapies from Amazon, £20-£30??

this is not proper vr it's a phone holder with lenses
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51460
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11

See more discussions