Any recommendation for outdoor security cameras

Posted 22nd Nov
Any recommendation for outdoor security cameras during the black Friday. Need 3 of them.
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
My cousin is a professional installer and only installs HikVision
To get 3 cameras you would need a 4 channel DVR.
Then you might need different cameras for different areas. i.e wide angle on driveway, narrow angle down a path etc.
Ignore the amout of megapixels on unbranded stuff, there is alot more to make a good camera.
It really depends on your budget
Sandy101222/11/2019 09:23

My cousin is a professional installer and only installs HikVisionTo get 3 …My cousin is a professional installer and only installs HikVisionTo get 3 cameras you would need a 4 channel DVR.Then you might need different cameras for different areas. i.e wide angle on driveway, narrow angle down a path etc.Ignore the amout of megapixels on unbranded stuff, there is alot more to make a good camera. It really depends on your budget

Do not "need" a DVR. Many current cameras are self-contained solutions, some with optional cloud storage or other ONVIF features.
If considering a camera solution that is self-contained but with expansion capabilities, here's a few caveats to consider:
access to live feeds and access to footage;
storage cost of footage;
mechanisms to eliminate false movement detection alarms;
preferred night-time illumination of IR or white light;
compatibility with industry protocols;
any requirement for audio, either for two-way live comms or for footage.
Without excessive ramble, all considerations above are beneficially addressed by only a small number of cameras, where one example is about £23. It is said to have:
ONVIF-compatibility so will work with its own bespoke mobile or PC-based live view / footage software or same via off-the-peg universal 3rd party ONVIF apps & optional NVR on virtually every platform;
has on-board storage via microSD, optional subscription-based cloud storage, optional NVR storage;
has integral PIR to detect human movement and eliminate otherwise typically annoyingly frequent false movement triggers of moving tree branches or rain, snow, etc (this really should be mandatory for any security system);
can configure all or just a section of view to be monitored for movement;
has option to illuminate its coverage area in white light on movement detection or set to permanently on white light;
two-way audio.
Example supplier where the product page expands on above features aliexpress.com/ite…tml
or possibly fulfilled Amazon although the Amazon options may be cut-down versions - just be aware that some similar-looking devices may not have similar features and / or have less flexible access / control.
Similar devices are similar money but one may have a unique feature that appeals to you (or lose a feature or two):
aliexpress.com/ite…tml
aliexpress.com/ite…tml
AI PIR:
aliexpress.com/ite…tml
AI PIR 5MP 1944p so obvsly greater resolution than 1080p
aliexpress.com/ite…tml
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants