Any recommendations for a small dogs worming and Flee and tick treatments

Posted 12th Jan
There is so many brands out there are I’m lost on which ones to try I’m thinking of trying advantage and drontal but am allso coming across beaphar worm clear and firpotech as any one got any experience with these or any other brands I might of missed
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Buy from vets. They sell the good stuff vs off the shelf.

We use a combined flea and worm treatment that you spot on the skin although we have a cat. It's the same for a dog. Job done. Simple
Edited by: "wayners" 12th Jan
Advantage is the best. Same ingredients as the vets but cheaper. I buy it from petfleas.co.uk. Four treatments for around £13
Look at Stronghold
Don’t use Bob Martin products as they have been dangerous for some animals, drontol is safe
Advantage is great for fleas but Advocate is a treatment for both fleas and worms etc.. So better.
That’s for the advice guys as anyone tried the flea colours aswell seresto I believe it’s made by the same company as advantage
You'll need to use Advantix if you wish to cover both fleas and ticks, the Advantage which you can buy online without a perscription only covers fleas BUT not ticks.

I use the Advantix and Drontal wormers.
Edited by: "Dyslexic_Dog" 12th Jan
My dog has reactions to some of there treatments, very upset stomach, takes a bit trial and error.
To add, I only treat my dog if she's actually got fleas etc.. She's a husky so fleas would be quite visible. Imo better to use the least amount of chemicals as we can etc..
.MUFC.12/01/2020 14:03

To add, I only treat my dog if she's actually got fleas etc.. She's a …To add, I only treat my dog if she's actually got fleas etc.. She's a husky so fleas would be quite visible. Imo better to use the least amount of chemicals as we can etc..

This is what I’m tempted to do but get different advice in all directions my dog as got a short coat and he used to be in bevecto from the vets but I didn’t like the idea of the flea actually having to bite the dog for it to work and then it got me thinking about what long term effects there are to all these chemicals
sonic5512/01/2020 14:20

This is what I’m tempted to do but get different advice in all directions m …This is what I’m tempted to do but get different advice in all directions my dog as got a short coat and he used to be in bevecto from the vets but I didn’t like the idea of the flea actually having to bite the dog for it to work and then it got me thinking about what long term effects there are to all these chemicals

Vets have vested interests in selling you products etc.. No point treating something that doesn't exist. My previous dog was allergic to fleas. I will use it when/if necessary and always have some in. Like most people I hate fleas.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 12th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions