Groups
    EXPIRED

Any recommendations for a sub £250 desktop PC for my Mum?

Basically just using for office, browsing, no gaming. Must be sub £250 and be beefy enough to last a good few years.

Spotted this for £249 but just wondered if I coild find her something better for the money or cheaper.

Medion E4059 Desktop PC AMD Quad-Core 3.2GHz 1TB HDD 8GB RAM Win 8

Thanks

10 Comments

Why don't you look at a 2nd hand PC? Bought a few from an online shop for just over £100 (without monitor) and it works brilliantly. They were able to upgrade the ram for a small amount and include warranty. Haven't had any issues, and it comes with the OS as well.

Original Poster

Madferrit

Why don't you look at a 2nd hand PC? Bought a few from an online shop for … Why don't you look at a 2nd hand PC? Bought a few from an online shop for just over £100 (without monitor) and it works brilliantly. They were able to upgrade the ram for a small amount and include warranty. Haven't had any issues, and it comes with the OS as well.

Thanks but she wont entertain second hand (dont ask )

lol, the spec you posted doesn't seem to include a monitor. Factor that in the cost as well.

Madferrit

Why don't you look at a 2nd hand PC? Bought a few from an online shop for … Why don't you look at a 2nd hand PC? Bought a few from an online shop for just over £100 (without monitor) and it works brilliantly. They were able to upgrade the ram for a small amount and include warranty. Haven't had any issues, and it comes with the OS as well.

Can I ask what site did you get it from and what were the specs

Thanks

Original Poster

Madferrit

lol, the spec you posted doesn't seem to include a monitor. Factor that … lol, the spec you posted doesn't seem to include a monitor. Factor that in the cost as well.

Already has a monitor thanks

Original Poster

Argoj

http://www.ebuyer.com/643320-zoostorm-desktop-pc-7260-8001Great little … http://www.ebuyer.com/643320-zoostorm-desktop-pc-7260-8001Great little machine.

top of my list so far

thanks

I can't remember.. i'll see if i can find the invoice for it.

Why not consider a laptop -I don't use mine as a Laptop but rather as a "Coffee Table top" . More compact and you don't have to sit at a desk to use it -can browse, email etc from her sofa . hotukdeals.com/dea…508 would I suggest be fine .

Edited by: "rogparki" 2nd Aug 2014

Original Poster

rogparki

Why not consider a laptop -I don't use mine as a Laptop but rather as a … Why not consider a laptop -I don't use mine as a Laptop but rather as a "Coffee Table top" . More compact and you don't have to sit at a desk to use it -can browse, email etc from her sofa . http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lenovo-b50-laptop-intel-celeron-2815-1-86ghz-cpu-15-6-screen-hdmi-4-gb-ram-320gb-1966508 would I suggest be fine .

already got a 19" monitor and get far more bang for your buck with a desktop over a laptop

her current pc is faster than that laptop and its 7 years old! oO

cheers anyway
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Moving Light Switch / Wireless options66
      2. Virgin Media when moving house69
      3. Fitted Sheet66
      4. Good Sim only deals??57

See more discussions