Any recommendations on a car oil extractor pump

Found 23rd Aug 2015
Hi guys. I'm looking to do an oil change on my car... And in looking to buy a oil extractor pump. I've seen the pela 6000 but anyone have any other recommendations?
Community Updates
AskCarPumps
9 Comments
recommendation is to not suck it out, but drain it out properly, even though some garages do this
if you suck the oil out you are still left with all the crap in the filter drain it would be the best choice
I'd agree with the above, considering the crud that's in the oil and the point of the change, I'd rather use the oil drain. It's not particularly hard to do even for someone who's clueless about cars.
Yh. I used to do that before but with the merc I have now there's a floor cover to remove and apparently the plug at the bottom isn't at the exact base and I'd have to jack up and tilt /raise the front end to fully drain it. Rather go for a simple job if possible. Have flushing oil as well so hopefully that will help?
dasachmo

Yh. I used to do that before but with the merc I have now there's a … Yh. I used to do that before but with the merc I have now there's a floor cover to remove and apparently the plug at the bottom isn't at the exact base and I'd have to jack up and tilt /raise the front end to fully drain it. Rather go for a simple job if possible. Have flushing oil as well so hopefully that will help?

Merc bmw Audi suck it out top hence oil filters now at top of engine,I bought pump off amazon and every third change take off engine tray and drain but other two suck it out top, takes about 15 mins, means you can change oil more often easier
Don't use flushing oil unless you are sure you can drain it out completely, just give it extra oil change, merc dealers selling oil ridiculously cheap on eBay , 5l £22 delivered, there are two types oil or diesel
Petrol or diesel ,
Can't see how to post pick , one I bought is on Amazon for £20 same pump sold as different brands black body with yellow base
Thanks veralum.
I got a woodside oil pump.
Bought the oil from euro car parts when they had the oil and filter offer.
Needed 8.5 ltrs.
Using Petronas.
No flushing oil as I know I won't be able to get the lot out.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants