Any recommendations on a mobile / hotspot / dongle?

Posted 7th Apr
Moving into a new home but with everything going on the installation of internet is on hold.

Looking to get a data sim (Vodafone unlimited max) plus a dongle.

So far I’ve looked at Huawei B525 and Huawei b618, ideally the less spent the better but if it means better signal so be it.

Any advice is welcome! Or if you have feedback about that data plan I’d be happy to hear!

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
The Voxi £10 sim effectively gives you unlimited data at the mo & is an easy 30 day no ties agreement.
Cisco06060607/04/2020 10:42

Cheaper optionTP-Link …Cheaper optionTP-Link M7350https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=snettpm7350u&categoryName=wireless-cards-adaptors&superCatName=computing&title=tp-link-m7350-wireless-dual-band-adapter

Have you got experience with this?

Not expecting speed tests or anything as I wouldn’t expect like for like but I’ve seen a few amazon reviews of people having nightmares (not this particular model)
Android smartphone that supports tethering will do the trick
+1 for the £10 unlimited data and unlimited everything else option via Voda's Voxi. No credit check and sadly no contract. Marketed as 6GB plan but unmetered because Voxi hasn't yet graduated counting college, and all the colleges are currently closed.
AndyRoyd07/04/2020 13:56

+1 for the £10 unlimited data and unlimited everything else option via …+1 for the £10 unlimited data and unlimited everything else option via Voda's Voxi. No credit check and sadly no contract. Marketed as 6GB plan but unmetered because Voxi hasn't yet graduated counting college, and all the colleges are currently closed.

Consider using the £10/m Voxi SIM with £25 device(s) offering dual WiFi and gigabit ethernet, see my sister's MO for cellular broadband via 3: hotukdeals.com/com…674
Daft.Punk07/04/2020 11:15

Have you got experience with this?Not expecting speed tests or anything as …Have you got experience with this?Not expecting speed tests or anything as I wouldn’t expect like for like but I’ve seen a few amazon reviews of people having nightmares (not this particular model)

I don't own this personally.
I have several other TP link product, all work fine to me

I had huawei E5773 mifi from CEX before all this Covid19. It is now out of stock.
ebay price are expensive...
Edited by: "Cisco060606" 7th Apr
Get an unlocked Huawei B525 and you can also plug your landline telephone into it and use the inclusive minutes to make and receive calls, I've had one since last summer and can't fault it.
PaulandPam07/04/2020 17:32

Get an unlocked Huawei B525 and you can also plug your landline telephone …Get an unlocked Huawei B525 and you can also plug your landline telephone into it and use the inclusive minutes to make and receive calls, I've had one since last summer and can't fault it.

Do you need a filter at the back of router?

I was once try B525 from three.ie, i can't get the home phone work, and thus returning it.
Cisco06060607/04/2020 18:06

Do you need a filter at the back of router?I was once try B525 from …Do you need a filter at the back of router?I was once try B525 from three.ie, i can't get the home phone work, and thus returning it.

The network branded B525 have modified firmware that disables the RJ11 port on the rear that's the reason I mentioned buying an unlocked version, you need to get one that is standard Huawei firmware.
And no you do not need to have a filter just a standard BT socket to RJ11 adapter costing about £2
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions