Expired

Any recommendations on microwaves?

Found 11th Jan 2013
Been after a new microwave for a week but can'r decide on one.

Ideally i would want one which doesn't rust and paint peel on the inside.

Anyone have one they would recommend or see a good deal anywhere? Budget £50-100

cheers

1. Ask
  2. Microwave
4 Comments

I have never observed this " Ideally i would want one which doesn't rust and paint peel on the inside" even ones in office canteens- what do you do to cause this to happen?

I'd spend that little bit more on a brand you can trust as the cheaper versions aren't great plus the one I had decided to have a "explode with flames" option which isn't ideal.

ziggaman

Ideally i would want one which doesn't rust and paint peel on the inside

To prevent rust from occurring, make sure you leave the door of the microwave oven a jar after use for approx 15 mins or more. Food will release steam during cooking causing condensation inside the oven door. It's recommend to wipe the oven dry as a build up of condensation will eventually lead to rust forming on the oven interior.

lizmacfarlane6

I'd spend that little bit more on a brand you can trust as the cheaper … I'd spend that little bit more on a brand you can trust as the cheaper versions aren't great plus the one I had decided to have a "explode with flames" option which isn't ideal.

If grease, fat and food debris is allowed to build-up in the oven interior it may overheat, smoke or even catch fire when next using the microwave oven. Though there appears there may have been a fault with lizmacfarlane's oven. If this ever occurs, contact the manufacturer.

Make sure to read the user manual prior to using. The user manual will explain how to maintain the oven and how best to clean it as well.

I've no real recommendations though the one I have is a Sharp which was reasonably priced, I got it for around £50 a few years back. I think I found it after doing a Google Product Search, the cheapest that came up that I liked was the Sharp R-259. This might not be the best though suites me fine. Or you could try searching this website. Maybe check this one.

Edited by: "LemonHead" 12th Jan 2013

go for a stainless steel interior, no flaking, peeling etc. i would also recommend leaving the door open for 10 or so minutes sfter use andpossibly also wipe the loose condensation away too. Kenwood are good too. see below panasonic link and which guide. The 2nd link shows a best buy which by coincidence is panasonic the final link is the which best buy guide.

google.co.uk/,d.d2k&fp=d2e63ee028f530be&biw=1280&bih=619

sonicdirect.co.uk/Awa…ook?utm_source=googlemerchant&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googlemerchantowave-

which.co.uk/hom…ut/?source_code=911CRJ&CMP=KNC-GOOGLE&_$ja=kw:microwave+combination+reviews|cgn:Home+%26+Garden%7c%7cKitchen%7c%7cCooking%7c%7cMicrowaves%7c%7cSearch%7c%7cB%7c%7cCombination+Microwaves|cgid:5039416255|tsid:21617|cn:Home+%26+Garden%7c%7cKitchen%7c%7cCooking%7c%7cMicrowaves%7c%7cSearch|cid:93209695|lid:2857928801|mt:Broad|nw:search|crid:20713796575

Edited by: "IWOOTN" 12th Jan 2013
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions