Found 8th May 2008
I have been looking at a laptop for a neghbour where the screen is not displaying a signal.

I have stripped it right down and believe it to be the inverter in the screen thats the problem (although I cannot be 100%). Some searching on Google about prblems with this particular laptop show lots and lots of people with the same problem.

The laptop is out of warranty, but seeing as this is a problem that had affected lots of people with this laptop is it not a manufacturing flaw and should he be able to return it to PC world any way?

5 Comments

Under the Sale of Goods Act you have up to 6yrs (or 5yrs in Scotland) to make a claim for something that is an inherent manufacturing fault. I doubt PCWorld would do anything about it so you may have t contact the manufacturer directly. You could give your local Citizen's Advice Bureau a call for who and how to approach it just to confirm, though.

Good luck!

juicyx, what was the point of adding the neighbours tag?

Banned

bazzaric;2058793

juicyx, what was the point of adding the neighbours tag?

HAHA!! loving the use of finding out who added tags:thumbsup:

The laptop is out of warranty, but seeing as this is a problem that had … The laptop is out of warranty, but seeing as this is a problem that had affected lots of people with this laptop is it not a manufacturing flaw and should he be able to return it to PC world any way?

I fear that this question should've been aske before you tinkered with your neighbors computer.

Original Poster

thesaint;2058842

I fear that this question should've been aske before you tinkered with … I fear that this question should've been aske before you tinkered with your neighbors computer.

Shouldnt matter, I am more than competent in repairing laptops and can fix this one for the price of a new inverter, plus there were not "warranty void if removed" stickers.

Thanks for the advice guys I shall pass it on.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. clocks go Back weekend 28 October why not check and clean ur smoke alarm at…65262
    2. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659

See more discussions