Groups

Any rugby fans want to tell me what this means?

Over the past few years i have followed Rugby League but not religiously, more of a footy fan to be honest. Heres what i wanted to know:

Just after a player has tackled the opposing team member and they both get up and the play resumes the tackler will put his left or right arm up in a signaling motion. It happens on every 'play the ball' but have never known why they have pointed left/right.

Is it the way they think the opposing team will pass the ball? theres probably some simple explanation for this but was just curious for my own piece of mind.

Cheers for the replies and sorry for my ignorance.

2 Comments

the two markers on the play of the ball. its a way of the marker in front telling marker behind which way he intends to go. eg if he points left he his telling his tem mate he is going to go left so player behind can go right to cover both directions of opposing player - waffle i know but hopefully you understand lol

Original Poster

umanga;2388567

the two markers on the play of the ball. its a way of the marker in … the two markers on the play of the ball. its a way of the marker in front telling marker behind which way he intends to go. eg if he points left he his telling his tem mate he is going to go left so player behind can go right to cover both directions of opposing player - waffle i know but hopefully you understand lol

yeah cheers, have some rep. I know it might of seemed a daft question but thanks for clearing it up.:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846276
      2. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2646
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …76130
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1637

See more discussions