Any San Francisco Tips Please

Thanks to the latest OSF thread, I will be getting my San Francisco tomorrow.
Once I have got Android 2.2 FroYo Custom ROM installed (thanks orangesanfrancisco.co.uk) what else do any existing owners out there recommend to make this bargain phone even better?
Any advice would be great - thanks.

10 Comments

get it unlocked for free, ps1/gba emulator!

Look into applanet.

Install CyanogenMod v7 latest version and upgrade to gen 2 firmware (better signal) all in one. Android 2.3! Do not bother with the old outdated guides that keep getting linked to for 2.2. See android.modaco.com/con…ll/ for easiest method
Edited by: "anewman" 6th May 2011

Look into Dark Tremor while you are installing a new ROM (as it involves partitioning and formating your SD card)
forum.xda-developers.com/sho…940
This allows you to install applications on SD card that normally need to be installed on internal memory. Even with app2sd (included in 2.2 Roms) so you can move apps to SD card, you soon find you run out of internal storage as not all apps can be moved.

Might be worth a look.

anewman mentioned CyanogenMod v7, this may contain something similar, so double check that, I just seem to remember someting about that Rom when reading up on Dark Tremor (maybe anewman could answer that)

Banned

avoid j walking

Original Poster

Sounds like I'll be having fun! Thanks guys for your suggestions - just waiting for the courier to turn up now.

I too ordered one. Can all these ROM's be installed by clueless retards? i.e. Me!

Original Poster

Grimer

I too ordered one. Can all these ROM's be installed by clueless retards? … I too ordered one. Can all these ROM's be installed by clueless retards? i.e. Me!

I'm hoping so! Mine's just arrived (yay) but I'll be a good boy and fully charge it up first. As a first-timer, I'm going to follow the step-by-step guides on orangesanfrancisco.co.uk - maybe as I get more confident I'll experiment a little.

Edited by: "Grimer" 7th May 2011

Translation: plug phone into your computer, go to "My Computer" and find it (will be called Removable drive or something like that). Click on it and paste the files there.

"root directory" means the first folder, not a subfolder.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again415
    2. Stop everything, Nutella is bringing a biscuit snack to the market - Metro1312
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763948
    4. What an absolute disgrace2150

See more discussions