Any savings on train travel card?

Found 5th Oct 2017
Any suggestions on additional savings for buying weekly travel cards?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
buy a mothly ticket will be cheaper than weekly
I have colleagues who uses Commuters Club to save a month's worth of money.

You get that if you buy an annual card anyway, but this one is essentially a loan I believe (that you pay monthly I think), so best to read it up before you sign up
mattmerch17 h, 4 m ago

buy a mothly ticket will be cheaper than weekly

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. I'm aware a monthly is cheaper than 4 weeklies, as is an annual than 12 monthlys. I'm not buying consecutive weekly passes, I need the odd one or two month.
xsor9 h, 58 m ago

I have colleagues who uses Commuters Club to save a month's worth of …I have colleagues who uses Commuters Club to save a month's worth of money.You get that if you buy an annual card anyway, but this one is essentially a loan I believe (that you pay monthly I think), so best to read it up before you sign up

Thanks, this is the sort of thing I was looking for except it is only on annual travel cards, not weekly.
There is a railcard you can apply for, not sure if there is any criteria - just have to ask at the ticket office.
Bigfootpete4 h, 17 m ago

There is a railcard you can apply for, not sure if there is any criteria - …There is a railcard you can apply for, not sure if there is any criteria - just have to ask at the ticket office.

Railcards give a third off but are limited to off-peak times. I need to travel during peak times.
faxmax50 m ago

Railcards give a third off but are limited to off-peak times. I need to …Railcards give a third off but are limited to off-peak times. I need to travel during peak times.

"Get up to 1/3 off standard Off-Peak and Anytime tickets for travel in the Network Railcard area. "

network-railcard.co.uk/
Bigfootpete49 m ago

"Get up to 1/3 off standard Off-Peak and Anytime tickets for travel in the …"Get up to 1/3 off standard Off-Peak and Anytime tickets for travel in the Network Railcard area. "https://www.network-railcard.co.uk/

"Network Railcard discounts only apply for travel after 10.00hrs Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays) and any time on weekends."
Bigfootpete8 h, 32 m ago

"Get up to 1/3 off standard Off-Peak and Anytime tickets for travel in the …"Get up to 1/3 off standard Off-Peak and Anytime tickets for travel in the Network Railcard area. "https://www.network-railcard.co.uk/

I already have this card. It's good for weekends and late travel only. It actually makes travel on a weekday before 10 in the morning more expensive! The ticket machine basically says something along the lines of "are you sure, why would you do this, confirm again"

I already know I need to buy several weekly travel cards. Railcards aren't good enough, I need without time restrictions. I won't go beyond a week at a time so I don't need a monthly or annual travel card. I am asking how, or if, I can make buying these cheaper. Any bonus like nectar points, loyalty points, cash back, etc. if there isn't a cheaper site/operator to buy the travel card from cheaper to begin with.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants