Groups

any sightings of campers camping for the IPAD 2?

or is it still too early?

33 Comments

story in today's metro about a guy that started queuing yesterday morning!

Original Poster

just thinking what are the chances instores if queue around 4 ish

Loads at Trafford centre. About 100 plus already!!

Apple are giving queuing customers free muffins coffee and proving lunch! Hubby got there at 10am and said there were 50 people in front of him.... Crazy if u ask me considering store not going to start sellin them until 5pm!!!

Original Poster

nicster08

herehttp://www.metro.co.uk/tech/859084-ipad-2-queue-starts-33-hours-early

thats crazy... and he missed is 12 year old bday.. that guy doesnt deserve a ipad..

That's at lakeside Thurrock btw

Currently canping outside regent street branch and posting this on my iphone4

lol jk

Original Poster

I want one, but taking time off work and wasting a holiday/sickday not worth it.. wouldnt mind one today, but life threatening if I dont get one.

Looks like I'm gonna be trying to queue up in comet or pc world later about 4ish /sigh hope I can get one

Original Poster

yup thats my idea too..

Banned

Inb4 negativity.

In the Metro article, it says the staff said to him "We hope you get one"...Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Supermod

Nothing here. Apart from a couple of people sat on the bench outside the store.

Original Poster

come 4pm maybe a diff story

yep some already in highcross, leicester

Original Poster

still gonna hold out till closer to the time.
    wanna get a leather case but which colour.. =)

Original Poster

heard news from a comet store, they have 5 in store.... and a massive q outside...and havent told them stock levels. .
    Edited by: "zerowing" 25th Mar 2011

loads at meadowhall apple store

starting work at 5pm or would have been in it myself
    Edited by: "boothy" 25th Mar 2011

How sad, guess it goes hand in hand with the Apple hipster fanboy attitude though.

"Ooh look I got it first! I took a day off to camp for a tablet PC!"
    Most are probably students anyway..

SuperEd

was in watford at 12ish and people outside john lewis about 35 people +

Banned

thrustmaster

How sad, guess it goes hand in hand with the Apple hipster fanboy … How sad, guess it goes hand in hand with the Apple hipster fanboy attitude though.

Yeah, what a bunch of losers (he said to the complete stranger on the internet).

Original Poster

after hearing, i think faith to get 1 today seems low,

FilthAndFurry

Yeah, what a bunch of losers (he said to the complete stranger on the … Yeah, what a bunch of losers (he said to the complete stranger on the internet).

You number one in queue then?
    Enjoy your free muffin I hear it tastes even better when you are taken from behind by Mr Jobs.

zerowing

just thinking what are the chances instores if queue around 4 ish

A friend is there ATM and he's been queuing since this morning, albeit very sad.

Banned

thrustmaster

You number one in queue then?Enjoy your free muffin I hear it tastes … You number one in queue then?Enjoy your free muffin I hear it tastes even better when you are taken from behind by Mr Jobs.

No, I ordered online. But I don't feel the need to call people sad when I'm on the internet talking to someone I have absolutely no respect for.

Original Poster

does anyone know the best place to order online and get quidco too..?

just been to currys oldham and they have a reservation system, loads available of all models as well and no peeps to elbow out of the way

Original Poster

Argos sold out in my local , in a comet now and not sure stock levels

Queued for about 45mins at local comet, got the last black 32gb lulz. They only had about 15 units all together in stock

Demand is higher than I expected, will probably pick one up in the next couple of weeks when they have re-stocked hopefully.

there's an ipad 2 oO
    Edited by: "khy86" 25th Mar 2011

Original Poster

stock ran out when i got to the till.. but ordered for monday
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1021
      2. www.disneycharms.co44
      3. Speccing a gaming pc411
      4. Legal advice?11

See more discussions