Any smart home enthuasists here? Question

Posted 6th Nov
Hello, intrested in a Door sensor or motion sensor to turn on lights, I'm sure this will lead to buying other functions later, from I understand the hub and sensors have to be the same so get xiaomi ones, however do the light bulbs for example have to be Xiaomi ones to IE the function that the sensors set off?

I assume this is the case.

only ask as have a few sonoff smartplugs and wondering if they intregrate, going down this route it important I get on the platform that I will get on with, at the moment I think it be xioami's,
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I've Xiaomi gateway, few sensors and Xiaomi Phillips light working with openhab. I've few sonoff also in the system with tasmota. My scene runs from Xiaomi app but i think u can set in openhab rules too. Example if door open, activate sonoff. I don't see why it's not possible with rules in openhab.
crazydealhunter06/11/2019 19:01

I've Xiaomi gateway, few sensors and Xiaomi Phillips light working with …I've Xiaomi gateway, few sensors and Xiaomi Phillips light working with openhab. I've few sonoff also in the system with tasmota. My scene runs from Xiaomi app but i think u can set in openhab rules too. Example if door open, activate sonoff. I don't see why it's not possible with rules in openhab.

what is openhab?
You don't need a hub, actually they don't need to be smart either.
You can get bulbs with pir built in, or the new kid on the block light bulbs with microwave detection built in
The microwave one will work through thin doors and glass. My hall light switch is half way up the passage, so the microwave one is ideal for me getting in in the dark
esar06/11/2019 19:17

You don't need a hub, actually they don't need to be smart either.You can …You don't need a hub, actually they don't need to be smart either.You can get bulbs with pir built in, or the new kid on the block light bulbs with microwave detection built in The microwave one will work through thin doors and glass. My hall light switch is half way up the passage, so the microwave one is ideal for me getting in in the dark

We have lightbulbs with pir but does not work well, in dusk it does not turn on, great at night in pitch black, mainly looking at door sensor for more control, ie when door opened turn on light for 5 minutes ect, pir are dumb (turn on for 30 seconds then off) not much control

Door sensors and motion sensors all use hubs
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants