Groups

Any solution to this

I get really annoyed when some web sites don't allow you to click away from them, they seem to reload as soon as I click back to a previous site. Is there a way to stop this happening?

8 Comments

Either click back twice quickly or used the arrow next to back to skip back 2 or sometimes more steps.

There should be a little black arrow pointing down to the right of your Back button. Click that and it will bring up a short list of the pages you've previously visited. Click on one of those instead. Hope that helps!

Original Poster

Thanks guys. Yes, I do as suggested when it happens. I was hoping that there was some way to stop sites holding onto pages. There probably is not. Maybe the browser creators ought to set this up in their coding.

Predikuesi;1662355

Thanks guys. Yes, I do as suggested when it happens. I was hoping that … Thanks guys. Yes, I do as suggested when it happens. I was hoping that there was some way to stop sites holding onto pages. There probably is not. Maybe the browser creators ought to set this up in their coding.

I think it's more that there is a page inbetween that redirects, ie all you're doing is going back to the page that redirects you to the site you were on. That's why you should go back more than one step.

Yes this really annoys me too ...........:x

Sites like these i send an email to advice not to use this script as they loose more custom than it's worth
    DAMNED ANOYING!

Maybe you could open the pages in a new tab?

Agree, a new tab or failing that.... a large sledge hammer. May damage the computer but will release the tention caused by it!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it11
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News99
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?33199
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1722

See more discussions