Any solutions for cheap Deezer ?

Posted 8th Feb 2022
It's the one puzzle I haven't been able to solve.

They actively check that the payment method is linked to the country you're subscribing from, so as soon as the VPN goes off, it'll flag up.

There doesn't seem to be anywhere to buy cheap vouchers like you can with Netflix.

Revolut doesn't seem to work either, although I am waiting until the end of the month when my free trial expires to see if i can reactivate via VPN.

You can pay via paypal in some countries, but that in itself presents a problem getting these paypal accounts verified.

So .. if anyone has any bright ideas ?
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    If anyone is interested, there is apparently a way on iOS but I'm not sure about it.

Go to Deezer with a Turkish VPN on and create an account. Do NOT enter any payment details.

Create a spare Apple account, also using a Turkish VPN.

Go to your iPhone and log out of your regular account on the app store and sign in with the Turkish account.

Download and install Deezer and use the login details you previously created. It will then apparently subscribe you to the service at Turkish rates and it will use Apple Pay for the payment.

At that point I think you can then sign out of your Turkish iTunes account and then back in with your regular details and continue to use it normally.
    Hi mate you get this working?
    Conkers81608/02/2022 22:31

I've got Spotify, Tidal and YouTube Music for a total of £5.50 a month. …I've got Spotify, Tidal and YouTube Music for a total of £5.50 a month. I want to complete the set

I've got Deezer from Brazil. Pay equivalent of £3.80 for the family pack. They've actually just wrote to me (In English) to tell me the price is going up. I pay via PayPal.

46866240-f3q1u.jpg (edited)
    Author
    Paddy_o_furniture09/02/2022 13:27

used my own UK based PayPal. Didn't have to verify. Used a free …used my own UK based PayPal. Didn't have to verify. Used a free web-based VPN.

Thanks, but that doesn't work.
    Consider changing your music sub? I went from spotify to youtube music and i haven't looked back and YT music is free with youtube premium which you can get for about £1.30pm with an indian account
    I didn't even know Deezer was still going!
    Author
    MonkeyMan9008/02/2022 21:34

Consider changing your music sub? I went from spotify to youtube music and …Consider changing your music sub? I went from spotify to youtube music and i haven't looked back and YT music is free with youtube premium which you can get for about £1.30pm with an indian account

I've got Spotify, Tidal and YouTube Music for a total of £5.50 a month. I want to complete the set
    Paddy_o_furniture09/02/2022 00:13

I've got Deezer from Brazil. Pay equivalent of £3.80 for the family pack. …I've got Deezer from Brazil. Pay equivalent of £3.80 for the family pack. They've actually just wrote to me (In English) to tell me the price is going up. I pay via PayPal.[Image]

Same. Still works out cheap. Had it for years with no issues.
    Author
    So you're telling me there is a solution - you're just not going to tell me how you did it ?
    Conkers81609/02/2022 07:09

So you're telling me there is a solution - you're just not going to tell …So you're telling me there is a solution - you're just not going to tell me how you did it ?

I went through a VPN and paid PayPal. This was a few years back though.
    Author
    Paddy_o_furniture09/02/2022 08:11

I went through a VPN and paid PayPal. This was a few years back though.

So what Paypal account did you use ?. Your personal one or did you set one up in Brazil with the VPN ?.

And if you did that, how ?. Considering you need a mobile number for verification now.
    Conkers81609/02/2022 08:31

So what Paypal account did you use ?. Your personal one or did you set …So what Paypal account did you use ?. Your personal one or did you set one up in Brazil with the VPN ?.And if you did that, how ?. Considering you need a mobile number for verification now.

used my own UK based PayPal. Didn't have to verify. Used a free web-based VPN.
    When I try to buy a subscription to Deezer from, for example, Turkey via VPN, it can see that my mastercard is Danish so I am not allowed to do that, are there any ways to get around it, and no I cannot choose paypal if that should help?

Tidal has just canceled my subscription with them, as they my payment card was Danish, it went well for a few years:-(
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants