Groups

Any Sony engineers out there

Hi there,

My Flat screen Tv has packed up i think, but having a preliminary look on the web it eeems it may be fixable.

The model we have is a KLV-30HR3

The standby light blinks 4 times red intermittently does anyone know if this is a shop fix or is there a simple solution, other than chuckin it in the bin...

Cheers
    Paul

3 Comments

WA1 chassis based TV error 4 means Panel Detect. It indicates that the software did not receive an acknowledgment from the backlight inverter that all CCFL-tubes are properly ignited.

It could be caused by a defective backlight inverter or a defective CCFL-tube at the LCD-panel, but also by a defect on the B-board.

As there is no possibility to point out one defect and ou need special equipment, I suggest you to consult an authorized Sony workshop.

Banned

generaloneill;7834673

WA1 chassis based TV error 4 means Panel Detect. It indicates that the … WA1 chassis based TV error 4 means Panel Detect. It indicates that the software did not receive an acknowledgment from the backlight inverter that all CCFL-tubes are properly ignited.It could be caused by a defective backlight inverter or a defective CCFL-tube at the LCD-panel, but also by a defect on the B-board.As there is no possibility to point out one defect and ou need special equipment, I suggest you to consult an authorized Sony workshop.

May I convert to laymans terms ?

It's busted, get someone to fix it

jubbyme;7835262

May I convert to laymans terms ?It's busted, get someone to fix it

And the op is gutted, its happened to me, but in my case it was a PS3 controller through the screen.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047197
      2. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.23
      3. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News34
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563836

See more discussions