Any stock ANYWHERE?

Posted 27th Oct
I’m hoping that Argos isn’t pulling a fast one and that there is actually some stock somewhere for this toy :/ My daughter is autistic and an avid Jurassic Park/World fan. If by some miracle there is one somewhere would someone be willing to post it to me please? Thank you in advance argos.co.uk/pro…781
Community Updates
Buy from Argos on eBay for £35 with free click and collect :
ebay.co.uk/itm…801

By trial and error using different postcodes in London and others on the Argos eBAY click and collect stores, including Oban I found out the free click and collect is only for stores where there is stock already in the store. It is not a click and collect from a central warehouse and then delivery to a branch location.

Groups

Top comments
Buy from Argos ebay £35 with free click and collect ebay.co.uk/itm…801
30 Comments
None near me Chester area sorry
checknow.co.uk/sea…781

This shows all the places they have it in stock. Sadly it only appears to be available in one store in Scotland.
Just checked nationwide using checknow.co.uk, only one showing in stock in the whole country as far as I can see and that is Oban, Scotland.
It was showing two in stock just now, but was taking ages to load so I couldn't see where.
Buy from Argos ebay £35 with free click and collect ebay.co.uk/itm…801
Had a quick check on Argos eBay store,looks like they’ve still got them on there as I can add to my basket

rover.ebay.com/rov…801
352709929801 Argos eBay as above.
ebay.co.uk/itm…801

Beat me to it, nice to see the love fingers crossed your daughter gets 1
Edited by: "DaThetopdog" 27th Oct
The shop won’t let me collect from anywhere near me on the Isle of Wight
jeapri627/10/2019 10:35

The shop won’t let me collect from anywhere near me on the Isle of Wight ; …The shop won’t let me collect from anywhere near me on the Isle of Wight

Surely, this is not a showstopper, you have a "friend" or a relative on the mainland?!
Just looked nothing local to me - in stock - sorry x
Sorry non near me either.

I really feel for you my kids had the habit of requesting the most obscure items for Christmas when they were younger that were a nightmare for me to obtain. Typically OOS items that I had to pay triple the rrp for on eBay or get shipped over from the US incurring huge customs fees.

One year I had to find a cuckoo clock like the one on Peppa Pig
1 fairly near me for click and collect, if you purchase it I can collect and send it you. I'll go in to a post office to get you postage price (or your preferred method of shipping) probably won't be till Wednesday/Thursday before I can post it though.

Edit: just to clarify the click and collect is on their eBay store, not direct from the app.
Edited by: "Sc4mp0" 27th Oct
It's really annoying when there's Argos ebay listings that are specific stores only..they are quite a rare occurrence, though.

The thing with Argos is, (and I know this because I requested this service recently) if you buy in store you can put it on their delivery system if you request it. Obviously you pay extra for that - £3.95, I think?

I'm nowhere near Oban as I'm in Glasgow but maybe someone might be able to help you out.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 27th Oct
louiselouise27/10/2019 11:06

It's really annoying when there's Argos ebay listings that are specific …It's really annoying when there's Argos ebay listings that are specific stores only..they are quite a rare occurrence, though.The thing with Argos is, (and I know this because I requested this service recently) if you buy in store you can put it on their delivery system if you request it. Obviously you pay extra for that - £3.95, I think?I'm nowhere near Oban as I'm in Glasgow but maybe someone might be able to help you out.

Thinking about it, maybe you could even phone up Argos themselves, reserve/pay/ask for the delivery option at Oban over the phone.

Not sure if you need to have someone physically in the store paying but you can only ask!

Argos Oban is here

0345 1657047
Store Number: 47

Item number: 9337781

38797206-vlTq6.jpg38797206-a4LTd.jpg
I don’t drive but there is stock on eBay for collection in Caerphilly Argos if anyone can grab it for you:
38797210-dj8si.jpg
I've found reaching out on Argos' Twitter page is great as well, they resolved a problem for me quickly by DMs (nothing exciting, just bad winter weather closing Argos stores and making my reservations run out - asked to extend them).
Does it have to be exactly the same one there's some different ones online,thetoyshop.com/ani…wcB
Jallen1627/10/2019 10:13

https://www.checknow.co.uk/searchresult.php?itemnumber=9337781This shows …https://www.checknow.co.uk/searchresult.php?itemnumber=9337781This shows all the places they have it in stock. Sadly it only appears to be available in one store in Scotland.

Now at...

Argos Chippenham Argos
Units 27-28, Borough Parade Shopping Centre
Chippenham
SN15 3WL

and

Argos Oban Argos
Unit 2, Lochavullin Drive, Lochavullin Industrial Estate
Oban
PA34 4BW
splender27/10/2019 10:42

Surely, this is not a showstopper, you have a "friend" or a relative on …Surely, this is not a showstopper, you have a "friend" or a relative on the mainland?!

I checked my daughters postcode in Tooting, London AND Tottenham where she knows people and nothing anywhere in London...
jeapri627/10/2019 12:59

I checked my daughters postcode in Tooting, London AND Tottenham where she …I checked my daughters postcode in Tooting, London AND Tottenham where she knows people and nothing anywhere in London...

Give Argos a phone call (see above)

I checked my daughters postcode in Tooting, London AND Tottenham where she …I checked my daughters postcode in Tooting, London AND Tottenham where she knows people and nothing anywhere in London...

You are right, by trial and error using different postcodes in London and others on the Argos eBAY click and collect stores, including Oban I found out the free click and collect is only for stores where there is stock already in the store. It is not a click and collect from a central warehouse and then deliver to a branch location.

As well as Oban, the stores with it are:
1. Unit 15, Castle Court Shopping Centre, Castle Street, Caerphilly, Caerphilly, Caerphilly CF83 1NU (as above)
2. Argos Inside Homebase, Brecon Enterprise Park, Warren Road, Brecon, Brecon, Powys LD3 8BT

Oh well, alternative is Papo Figurines: Brachiosaurus from John Lewis online at £30 (dimensions:
L39.5 x W8 x H30cm) which is about half of Argos' one at 28-inches high(71cm) and 34-inches long (86cm)

johnlewis.com/pap….ds
Edited by: "splender" 27th Oct

I sent you a PM, you order now and select that postcode.
Sc4mp027/10/2019 11:03

1 fairly near me for click and collect, if you purchase it I can collect …1 fairly near me for click and collect, if you purchase it I can collect and send it you. I'll go in to a post office to get you postage price (or your preferred method of shipping) probably won't be till Wednesday/Thursday before I can post it though.Edit: just to clarify the click and collect is on their eBay store, not direct from the app.

That is really lovely thank you
Think there is one in stock 5 miles away. As above could collect it & post it to you.
I work with autistic kids so very much understand your predicament.
Sorry its not in stock. Will keep looking
Edited by: "adamderak" 27th Oct
adamderak27/10/2019 16:02

Think there is one in stock 5 miles away. As above could collect it & post …Think there is one in stock 5 miles away. As above could collect it & post it to you.I work with autistic kids so very much understand your predicament.Sorry its not in stock. Will keep looking

Sc4mp027/10/2019 11:03

1 fairly near me for click and collect, if you purchase it I can collect …1 fairly near me for click and collect, if you purchase it I can collect and send it you. I'll go in to a post office to get you postage price (or your preferred method of shipping) probably won't be till Wednesday/Thursday before I can post it though.Edit: just to clarify the click and collect is on their eBay store, not direct from the app.

If either of you could please do this for me I would be eternally grateful 🙏 I don’t know how to private message on here :/
38816016-WjJyj.jpgI had no luck on Argos Eb
jeapri628/10/2019 14:53

If either of you could please do this for me I would be eternally grateful …If either of you could please do this for me I would be eternally grateful 🙏 I don’t know how to private message on here :/

Of course, not a problem. If you're on your phone right at the top you'll see a bell which is for notifications, press on tjay and you'll see two tabs, click the right one which is inbox.

You'll already have a message in there from me as I sent you the postcode of the local argos which had the item for click and collect.

Apologies I didn't know you weren't aware about how to. Private message so didn't follow it up thinking you'll reply when you get the change.

EDIT: I've just checked the ebay store which had it yesterday and its now saying Out of stock. No others within 40 miles have it either.
Edited by: "Sc4mp0" 28th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants