Any suggestions about selling a property not using an Estate Agent?

We are thinking of selling our property but don't see why we should have to do so through an Estate Agency who take thousands for doing nothing. The problem is that websites like Rightmove & Zoopla only allow agents to advertise through them ... what a con !! I am sure a person who owns a property would put more effort into selling one than Estate Agents would.

7 Comments

What happens if it goes wrong and you are doing the selling yourself

Purple bricks from what I gather they are a fixed fee online estate agent. Might be worth looking at.
Edited by: "barrel24" 28th Sep 2016

Original Poster

archer1204

What happens if it goes wrong and you are doing the selling yourself

What can go wrong ... they only stick it on Rightmove etc. .... the sale is actually then done by a solicitor.

I suggest you contact muttley. He's the HUKD property magnate.

OP, have just done this myself. Go on this LINK and half way down the page there is pink arrow saying compare online agents. The will take you to a 14 page pdf document detailing all the online agents and their respective cost and pros and cons. Really very useful

We went with easyproperty, from buying package online until us seeing the first draft of the advert including photos and floor plan and the EPC was 62Hrs. Plus i emailed an amendment to the advert on saturday just gone and they called back 20mins later saying it had been done and i can review it again. Cant fault them!
Edited by: "TPGone" 28th Sep 2016

deeky

I suggest you contact muttley. He's the HUKD property magnate.

Thought he only asked questions . Didn't realise he answered them too

Original Poster

ThePasty

OP, have just done this myself. Go on this LINK and half way down the … OP, have just done this myself. Go on this LINK and half way down the page there is pink arrow saying compare online agents. The will take you to a 14 page pdf document detailing all the online agents and their respective cost and pros and cons. Really very usefulWe went with easyproperty, from buying package online until us seeing the first draft of the advert including photos and floor plan and the EPC was 62Hrs. Plus i emailed an amendment to the advert on saturday just gone and they called back 20mins later saying it had been done and i can review it again. Cant fault them!

That's really useful ... many thanks for this and I am sure it will help a good number of people who find this thread.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. love affairs1756
    2. Charles Wilson Voucher11
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767292
    4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1629

See more discussions