Expired

Any suggestions for a good 18th birthday present for my daughter?

Found 7th Feb 2013
I'd like to buy her something special, something she'll like now and still appreciate in years to come. I have no idea what this could be, probably some sort of jewellery. Please spam me with ideas.
Community Updates
17 Comments
I bought both my daughters a designer watch each. I gave them a choice of big 18th present or a big 21st. Guess what they both chose 18. The watches were £800 but they love them and they have 3 diamonds on the face and a pearl dial. I like to think they are timeless as well so they should wear them when they are 40 :-)
Edited by: "gr8h8me" 7th Feb 2013
I also received an expensive watch for my 18th, very nice idea and will use it for years to come.
Pack of 3.
Banned
something pandora, tiffany, a designer watch (that is what my daughter had for her 18th)
a tattoo of her choice ;0)
A car. She won't forget that. Or a lear jet.
If she s like the girl in the Barclays Bank TV Ad then nothing will do !!!!!LOL
good luck
i'm having troubles for my 11 yr old daughter birthday !!!!!
A good idea for an 18th from a mother is a hand-made photo book, composed of photos from the day she was born to the age of 18. It means a lot more to her than most materialistic presents and much cheaper
a job?
I suggest a heavy silver or gold chain bracelet with perhaps 1 charm on it. More charms can then be given her future birthdays or Christmas
A designer necklace. Tiffany is always good for choice and price range is very good. As long as it's instantly recognisable as a designer piece which won't date she should be able to wear it for any occassion for years to come. Also the blue/green packaging is pretty enough to be left out in any bedroom.
Original Poster
Maybe a watch is the way to go. £800 is way out of my price range though!
She has pandora already, and because I love Tiffany so much I think she regards it as old fashioned. She told me she just wanted money but while that's what she wants I feel it would be a shame not to get her something to mark the occasion.
Absolutely agree with a photo book. I would tend to get it along with a piece of jewellery but as she may leave home in the next few years a photo book would be great. A friend of mine did this when her daughter went away to Uni. It doesn't matter if many photos are old and not digital, they should be able to be scanned in some way. A few words on each page telling her how much she has put joy into your life (hopefully). This can be treasured for ever.

I am hoping to do this for my son when he goes to Uni, although I appreciate a boy may not appreciate it as much.
tessb

Maybe a watch is the way to go. £800 is way out of my price range … Maybe a watch is the way to go. £800 is way out of my price range though!She has pandora already, and because I love Tiffany so much I think she regards it as old fashioned. She told me she just wanted money but while that's what she wants I feel it would be a shame not to get her something to mark the occasion.

There is a lot of nice watches around. I just bought my GF a Fossil watch in rose gold colour. So my Girls tell me its very fashionable and it cost £100 and she loves it. Price isn't the be all end all its the thought behind it :-)
I'd go for jewellery maybe a locket or something. I love jewellery and i got a rose gold antique locket for my 18th. If you are going to buy jewellery go to your local auction house and view the jewellery section as you will get something unique and you will pay way less than you would in a store. Even though the price of gold is high there is still some bargains to be had as alot of the plain gold jewellery is going for scrap price only so for something like a locket you can get a good deal just remember to factor in the commission. :0)
If you wanted to get something with a key for her eighteenth have a look at dkny jewellery. I know their stuff isn't real gold but it's designer. How about buying one of those makeover 'special day' gifts where she has her hair and makeup done professionally and a photo session to remember the day. If you bought her a small piece of jewellery she could also wear it then.
How about something engraved? Like a watch or jewellery box? You could have something special engraved and if its a jewellery box it's practical enough for it always to be used and won't go in and out of fashion like other items can
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions