Any suggestions for a headset for Xbox one under £20

Found 9th Dec 2016
My granddaughter wants to buy her boyfriend a headset for his Xbox one, she;s asked me to find a decent one for under £20 (she's only 15 so that's a wedge of money for her - me really as I'm buying it for her). I know nothing about Xbox, my only Xbox was one of the original ones and I still have some unopened games for that one!
I;ve looked at headsets on Amazon and Ebay but It's so confusing. many are labelled as Xbox one, then when you read the specs they say not for Xbox one. Would any gaming headset with a 3.5mm audio plug fit?
Suggestions please.

6 Comments

My kids prefer samsung earphones with the 3.5mm jack the type you get with a phone , they say the microphone is clearer to use

Just ensure they are genuine ones pay around £3 +
Other gaming ones will do as long as you can count 4 rings on the jack plug
3rings has no mic

Edited by: "wanderer" 9th Dec 2016

try this one in argos. my son has that one and said it's good. 496/6717 that's the catalogue number. it's £19.99. hope this helps x
Edited by: "xsarahxallenx" 9th Dec 2016

Original Poster

Thanks for the tip about four rings - I wasn't specific enough though, she wants the over the ear type headphones. the tip about the four rings is good though.

Could you stretch to £22.49 as the Turtle Beach, EarForce Recon, 50X Gaming Headset is alright and is priced at £22.49 on Amazon?
Edited by: "leyloleylo" 10th Dec 2016

amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

My son has these for his XboxOne and says they are brilliant and also cut out all noise. They fit into the ear like hearing aids do.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition50432
    2. hello fashion mag/jigsaw comp - win £1,000 to spend INSTORE at jigsaw88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…55
    4. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201766

See more discussions