Any suggestions for a kids tablet?

Posted 28th Jan 2023
I'm looking for a new android tablet for our kids. We've had the Amazon ones before, but I really do not like the Fire OS interface, and the lack of Google services.

Does anyone have any recommendations? My requirements are that it's Android (not iOS or Fire OS), has a kids bumper case/stand, and is reliable. Our current one is a "Vankyo"(?) 2GB/32GB running Android 9, but the screen isn't brilliant, it's quite slow, and it's never had a single update since we've had it. We need to replace it, as the charging port is faulty. Ideally I'd like something of comparable quality/price to the newest Fire tabs, but running stock Android.

There's loads of strange brands on Amazon, many claiming to be running Android 11, but the description then says they're actually running Android 10, but I would like recommendations from other parents on here who have actually used them.

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    There are are fairly easy tutorials online on how to get google play on a fire tablet and the other associated google services.

that’s my tip. You’ll be unlikely to find anything half as decent at the price and if it’s for kids once the google store is installed you shouldn’t have any issues.

I wouldn’t buy a dodgy brand, and proper brands comparable are much pricier.
    My issue is setting up the kids Google account without being able to install Google family link
    Daughter has a Samsung s6 lite. 4g ram 64g memory.

Can be had for below £200 with Samsung trade-in.

Has android 13 and stylus for drawing. Kids cases are cheap on Amazon. Very solid tab for a child.
    It takes like 5 mins to put the play store on a fire tablet it's really easy to do so.
    Author
    It's not just the Play store - I really don't like Fire OS...
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants