Any suggestions for Bank Holiday?

I am thinking of doing something nice this easter: Planning to take my sis & more importantly her kids out, but have no idea where to go?
A few simple conditions:

1. Wanna go somewhere the kids would enjoy. They are 3 & 5 years old.
2. Dont want to spend a fortune.
3. Dont want to go too far from London.
4. Irrelevant point: but want to go to a place where there is less mad rush.

Any suggestions?

41 Comments

Banned

buy an umbrella..........

never have got my head around why 7 of our 8 bank holidays are outside summer!

Original Poster

csiman;8260800

buy an umbrella..........never have got my head around why 7 of our 8 … buy an umbrella..........never have got my head around why 7 of our 8 bank holidays are outside summer!

:w00t: Spent all my life thinking about that too.

But Umbrella is an expensive option nowadays :whistling:

csiman;8260800

buy an umbrella..........never have got my head around why 7 of our 8 … buy an umbrella..........never have got my head around why 7 of our 8 bank holidays are outside summer!

These days you can't tell spring/summer apart from autumn/winter:w00t:

Banned

A nice picnic in Henley!

Buy me a birthday present and send it to me :whistling:

23rd of April

Original Poster

redvee92;8260838

Buy me a birthday present and send it to me :whistling:

ha ha

compo;8260849

23rd of April

:?

Original Poster

JonnyTwoToes;8260833

A nice picnic in Henley!

Sounds good, but what for the nephews?

Banned

[url]www.nationaltrust.co.uk[/url]

'1. Wanna go somewhere the kids would enjoy. They are 3 & 5 years old.
2. Dont want to spend a fortune.
3. Dont want to go too far from London.
4. Irrelevant point: but want to go to a place where there is less mad rush.

Any suggestions?'

Blimey tough criteria...couple of questions: when you say not a fortune - what's your limit and where in London do you live?

We're taking an 8 year old and 6 year old to Natural History Museum which sounds a bit dry but apparently they've got a load of kids activities over Easter.

You could try Chessington or Legoland? Like I said depends where you live in London and how much you want to spend...and I'm afraid you're probably going to experience a mad rush wherever you are.

Banned

deb8z;8260825

These days you can't tell spring/summer apart from autumn/winter:w00t:

how quickly people forget the blazing hot summer (100+) we had a few years back. Isn't this an El Nino year so we stand a good chance of a hot hot summer?

Are there any zoos near you?

everyone loves the zoo

csiman;8261046

how quickly people forget the blazing hot summer (100+) we had a few … how quickly people forget the blazing hot summer (100+) we had a few years back. Isn't this an El Nino year so we stand a good chance of a hot hot summer?

According to the more reliable ]Positive Weather Solutions.

Banned

KOGONAI;8260895

Sounds good, but what for the nephews?

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Images/ExternalImages/ProductsDetailed/73/097173.jpg

Original Poster

alex_dis;8261024

'1. Wanna go somewhere the kids would enjoy. They are 3 & 5 years old.2. … '1. Wanna go somewhere the kids would enjoy. They are 3 & 5 years old.2. Dont want to spend a fortune.3. Dont want to go too far from London.4. Irrelevant point: but want to go to a place where there is less mad rush.Any suggestions?'Blimey tough criteria...couple of questions: when you say not a fortune - what's your limit and where in London do you live?We're taking an 8 year old and 6 year old to Natural History Museum which sounds a bit dry but apparently they've got a load of kids activities over Easter.You could try Chessington or Legoland? Like I said depends where you live in London and how much you want to spend...and I'm afraid you're probably going to experience a mad rush wherever you are.

I am not sure if my nephews would like to go to the history museum, but that is a good option. Isnt the history & science museum close by? Might take them one day to science & one day to history museum.

I am staying at my sisters house the night before, so we are talking about Bayswater.

Original Poster

Leech;8261074

Are there any zoos near you?everyone loves the zoo

Good Point. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

JonnyTwoToes;8261087

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Peace for all :whistling:

JonnyTwoToes;8261087

ahh, Broken Britain. :thumbsup:

Banned

alex_dis;8261077

According to the more reliable ]Positive Weather Solutions.

fingers crossed cos I have the summer off again :-D

beautiful day today down here so methinks a pint in the local by the river is in order

Original Poster

Any serious suggestions? :whistling:

No debate over JonnyTwoToes's suggestion.

KOGONAI;8261089

I am not sure if my nephews would like to go to the history museum, but … I am not sure if my nephews would like to go to the history museum, but that is a good option. Isnt the history & science museum close by? Might take them one day to science & one day to history museum.I am staying at my sisters house the night before, so we are talking about Bayswater.

If she can afford to live in Bayswater, she should be paying! ;-)

Yeah - Science Museum, London Zoo, Natural History - all good. Have they been on those Duck tours which go on land and in the Thames? The London Aquarium?

...or get down to Waterloo and take them to Chessington on one of the days. It's not too far out.

csiman;8261162

fingers crossed cos I have the summer off again :-Dbeautiful day today … fingers crossed cos I have the summer off again :-Dbeautiful day today down here so methinks a pint in the local by the river is in order

You jammy sod!

(and in a World Cup year)

Come and play golf at the Belfry with us, the kids can caddy ........

Original Poster

alex_dis;8261205

If she can afford to live in Bayswater, she should be paying! ;-)Yeah - … If she can afford to live in Bayswater, she should be paying! ;-)Yeah - Science Museum, London Zoo, Natural History - all good. Have they been on those Duck tours which go on land and in the Thames? The London Aquarium?...or get down to Waterloo and take them to Chessington on one of the days. It's not too far out.

Try saying that to her that she should pay. She played all emotional with me that her other half doesnt take the kids out. :x

That seems all good, with the exception of cost probably :oops:
Day 1 Science Museum
Day 2 History Museum
Day 3 Zoo / Aquarium depending on the weather

Do these remain open all days during the Bank Holidays?

Banned

KOGONAI;8261200

Any serious suggestions? :whistling:No debate over JonnyTwoToes's … Any serious suggestions? :whistling:No debate over JonnyTwoToes's suggestion.

Sorry, just realised you nephews ages. :-D

Original Poster

smithyp1;8261247

Come and play golf at the Belfry with us, the kids can caddy ........

This has to be the 2nd best idea after JonnyTwoToes's suggestion

Original Poster

JonnyTwoToes;8261263

Sorry, just realised you nephews ages. :-D

Nooooooooooooooo. My whole life was relying on your suggestion :cry:

Banned

alex_dis;8261215

You jammy sod! (and in a World Cup year)

This forecast for my postcode shows how bad the met office is (currently warm, blue skies, no wind and sunny) :w00t:

Thursday

Cold and windy, with showers developing, and with just a few bright or sunny intervals. Some of the showers are likely to be heavy with hail, and perhaps rather prolonged in places during the afternoon.

KOGONAI;8261261

Try saying that to her that she should pay. She played all emotional with … Try saying that to her that she should pay. She played all emotional with me that her other half doesnt take the kids out. :xThat seems all good, with the exception of cost probably :oops:Day 1 Science Museum Day 2 History MuseumDay 3 Zoo / Aquarium depending on the weatherDo these remain open all days during the Bank Holidays?

Yeah they're all open - they'd be mental to close with all the potential business.

csiman;8261325

This forecast for my postcode shows how bad the met office is (currently … This forecast for my postcode shows how bad the met office is (currently warm, blue skies, no wind and sunny) :w00t:Thursday Cold and windy, with showers developing, and with just a few bright or sunny intervals. Some of the showers are likely to be heavy with hail, and perhaps rather prolonged in places during the afternoon.

They're terrible :oops:

I had a certain amount of sympathy for them getting the long-range forecast wrong (b-b-q summer and all that), but quite frankly if they're posting something that is entirely contrary to what's happening outside at the moment, then they deserve right good shoeing.

REF :- 23RD April

its St Georges Day. Englands patron saint that your not allowed to celebrate as you will be seen as racist

alex_dis;8261431

They're terrible :oops:I had a certain amount of sympathy for them … They're terrible :oops:I had a certain amount of sympathy for them getting the long-range forecast wrong (b-b-q summer and all that), but quite frankly if they're posting something that is entirely contrary to what's happening outside at the moment, then they deserve right good shoeing.

just starting to get cloudy but its been bright sunshine all morning not the rain as forecast that was supposed to be with us on and off all day!!!

Banned

alex_dis;8261431

They're terrible :oops:I had a certain amount of sympathy for them … They're terrible :oops:I had a certain amount of sympathy for them getting the long-range forecast wrong (b-b-q summer and all that), but quite frankly if they're posting something that is entirely contrary to what's happening outside at the moment, then they deserve right good shoeing.

I like your way of thinking :thumbsup:

lets hope it isnt the taxpayer who pays for their billion pound supercomputer. My finger does a better job of predicting the weather than that does. :-D

Banned

compo;8261594

REF :- 23RD Aprilits St Georges Day. Englands patron saint that your not … REF :- 23RD Aprilits St Georges Day. Englands patron saint that your not allowed to celebrate as you will be seen as racist

my local celebrates it but woe betide anyone who takes a flag on to the streets :-D

Original Poster

csiman;8261980

my local celebrates it but woe betide anyone who takes a flag on to the … my local celebrates it but woe betide anyone who takes a flag on to the streets :-D

:oops:

Take a look at any English heritage sites around you. The ones near me all have 'Treasure Hunt' type activities on where the kids get a 'chocolate' prize.

They're good fun and usually less expensive than somewhere like Legoland.

Banned

anyway BOT, avoid anything that involves a car journey of length as it will take 3 times as long

Push the boat out and come up for a few days at Alton Towers Kids will love it.

Or go to Chessington if you want to go nearer London :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Such a bad luck. My nephew is down with fever. So I am baby sitting the nephew. :cry:

Anyways, adding rep for all you happy helpers (& all those who made me smile) :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Rep added for all except LindaC15 as HUKD does not allow me to add more rep. Sorry :oops:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1630
    2. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk11
    3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.1113
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48210862

See more discussions