Any suggestions for toddlers first duvet & pillow set?

Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions where to get a decent duvet and pillow set for a toddlers first bed. Looked around online, but some seem very pricey.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

22 Comments

Banned

mine both had just normal quilts when they went into beds

sassie;7505034

mine both had just normal quilts when they went into beds

+1 mine too. I got on that was anti- micro.... something I dunno what they were called keeps them fresh anyway, make sure its one you can wash too, is the bed not like a standard single bed? slightly smaller?

Original Poster

Thanks to you both. Its a toddler sized bed that we've ordered though rather than a single bed... where's best to buy a duvet for that type/size of bed?

is it for a junior or single bed?

Banned

whatever you do dont make one from left over loft insulation social services moan at you

Banned

perosnally ide stick a normal single on it, rather than messing about having to buy certain sized bedding, and it be more cosy, abit like having a kingsize on a double

Banned

sweetexception;7505099

Thanks to you both. Its a toddler sized bed that we've ordered though … Thanks to you both. Its a toddler sized bed that we've ordered though rather than a single bed... where's best to buy a duvet for that type/size of bed?

i got from littlewoods they are £30 a set so got 2 and used £30 off £60 spend code so made them £15 a set which int bad as i struggled to find that size quilt and pillow

Original Poster

it's for a junior bed...

L145 x W79 x H65cm approx

sweetexception;7505099

Thanks to you both. Its a toddler sized bed that we've ordered though … Thanks to you both. Its a toddler sized bed that we've ordered though rather than a single bed... where's best to buy a duvet for that type/size of bed?

argos do some, think they are for a cot bed but I think they are all the same size you could check the measurements, or where you looking for a plain quilt that you can put your own cover on?
link for argos argos.co.uk/web…BED length on the winnie the pooh one is 130 width is 100 so would fit fine, also a normal pillow is only 74cm wide so would fit the junior bed fine as well

Banned

mumofthree;7505134

toddler sized are in … toddler sized are in veryhttp://www.very.co.uk/rf/vry/s.do?Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nu=this_product&Np=1&Nty=1&Ntk=generic_search&Ntt=junior duvet

yeah your right ive ordered 3 not 2 get in well happy

is that the mattress size or bed size?
very.co.uk/rf/…jpg

Original Poster

i'm looking for a white one really that I can put a duvet cover on. I looked at the one on the "Very" website but it says the duvet is handwash only... not the best idea for a toddler who's still learning to potty train.

Original Poster

L145 x W79 x H65cm approx is the bed size... matress size is 140 x 70

Banned

sweetexception;7505190

i'm looking for a white one really that I can put a duvet cover on. I … i'm looking for a white one really that I can put a duvet cover on. I looked at the one on the "Very" website but it says the duvet is handwash only... not the best idea for a toddler who's still learning to potty train.

it will be fine in machine

sweetexception;7505190

i'm looking for a white one really that I can put a duvet cover on. I … i'm looking for a white one really that I can put a duvet cover on. I looked at the one on the "Very" website but it says the duvet is handwash only... not the best idea for a toddler who's still learning to potty train.

I know! (mines fine in the machine on delicate!):oops:

still looks fine!

sweetexception;7505190

most washing machines have a handwash setting on them, would check I use it on mine all the time for my little girls silk bandages

Original Poster

Magic, cheers everyone! ... i''ll order the ones from very today. Only 7 weeks til the new baby arrives, so trying to get the new bed sorted prior to that

Banned

sweetexception;7505331

Magic, cheers everyone! ... i''ll order the ones from very today. Only 7 … Magic, cheers everyone! ... i''ll order the ones from very today. Only 7 weeks til the new baby arrives, so trying to get the new bed sorted prior to that

mine just got delivered and they are ok:thumbsup:

home bargains also do these. They have sets which include duvet, duvet cover, pillow and pillow case, i can remember seeing them in peppa pig, disney cars, disney princesses and thomas, the set cost 19.99

Original Poster

Thought i'd let you know I managed to find the Disney Princess set including duvet, pillow, and cases for both for £14.99 in TKMaxx! its fab!

I got mine from Vertbaudet/La Redoute. They are expensive but not when u use the £15 off £20 code's that are around.

They are superb quality, ive never seen anything better, they can be washed at 95 degrees which was a winner for me.

Have a look- they come in different sizes.

:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
    3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
    4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions