EXPIRED

Any suggestions on places to visit with a 18 month old ...

I have some points with holiday inn group (IHG) and am looking to book some place for christmas. I have over 50k points so can manage 3 days stay with a bit of cash payment to add on. Of course flights to european destinations are way too much to book last minute. So am looking at some place within UK ideally with a wildlife or other children activites to spend a day at.. any suggestions would be appreciated.. dates between 25dec and 2nd jan . We live between london and portsmouth since mhy work invloves travel , so wouldnt be considering these 2 locations for holiday

9 Comments

Grandma's house?

why not try wales or cornwall?

Original Poster

justanothercid

why not try wales or cornwall?

yeah nice places. i had also thought of cotsworld .. but he's too small for countryside walks etc... I was trying to find a place which has some activities for kids nearby so that we can spend one day there and the other couple of days to ourselves .

Original Poster

julie_d

Grandma's house?

oh wish we had that option!!!

My grandson used to enjoy soft play cafe... can crawl around in the balls and go down the slides. To be honest at this age they are just as happy in the park or at home... it is you that needs the break. Save the points, or leave the child for a night and have some time to yourselves

Happy Christmas

Somewhere that there will be other 18 month olds?

Have you thought of maybe Manchester? Im pretty sure there is a holiday inn at Salford quays which is not far from Trafford centre - there is a sealife centre there - our 22 month is fascinated watching the fish so I would definitely recommend sealife. You can book online too getting you a cheaper entry rate along with queue jump (big help with the little one)
Trafford centre also has a large indoor crèche / stay and play (soft play) centre, mini golf - our son loves trying to hit the balls!
Just to bear in mind though that Trafford centre is likely to be busy over the Christmas / new year period so it may be that another location could be better is sealife is a potential option
Other locations on a link here for you: visitsealife.com

Original Poster

Nanajane

My grandson used to enjoy soft play cafe... can crawl around in the balls … My grandson used to enjoy soft play cafe... can crawl around in the balls and go down the slides. To be honest at this age they are just as happy in the park or at home... it is you that needs the break. Save the points, or leave the child for a night and have some time to yourselvesHappy Christmas

Thank you - very kind of you ! Yes my little one enjoys the slides a lot . Tend to keep him indoors nowadays though cause he's not a very winter baby! And yeah you are right we both desperately need a day to ourselves . My bloodstream is 70% caffeine from all the coffee I drink a day to keep me going Lol!

Original Poster

Suzannzan

Have you thought of maybe Manchester? Im pretty sure there is a holiday … Have you thought of maybe Manchester? Im pretty sure there is a holiday inn at Salford quays which is not far from Trafford centre - there is a sealife centre there - our 22 month is fascinated watching the fish so I would definitely recommend sealife. You can book online too getting you a cheaper entry rate along with queue jump (big help with the little one)Trafford centre also has a large indoor crèche / stay and play (soft play) centre, mini golf - our son loves trying to hit the balls!Just to bear in mind though that Trafford centre is likely to be busy over the Christmas / new year period so it may be that another location could be better is sealife is a potential optionOther locations on a link here for you: http://www.visitsealife.com

Many thanks.. Think that's a great idea.. It's Indoors and will keep him entertained.. Thnx for the details too..I will look it up tonight . You are probably right about the Crowds though . I might do it after Boxing Day .
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. E-liquid55
    2. Mountain bike £200-£30022
    3. Problem with new double glazed installation44
    4. Any know of offers on London eye and Maddam Tussauds please34

See more discussions