Groups

Any surround sound boffs out there? need advice

Banned
    The missus has bought a 42" LCD for us...albeit a **** one.... (Polaroid 42")

To be honest the picture isn't that bad but the sound needs improving so I'm looking at solutions....

I've narrowed it down to two units....if you have any other ideas I'll gladly entertain....

Budget £200...Colour - Black....No speakers around the room so looking for front speakers only....

I realise many people will say this set up will be rubbish but this is what I want so what's the best way to get good sound with this set up?

6 Comments

Original Poster Banned

It's currently between the

Yamaha HTY-760 which I can get for £198 delivered
    pixmania.co.uk/uk/…867

and the Samsung RTS-HE10 which I can get for £135 delivered
    dixons.co.uk/mar…ING

The problem with the Samsung HE10 is it doesn't have any digital inputs....and in fact I'm not sure whether it has any inputs. Otherwise it sounds great but its use is quite restricted.

Original Poster Banned

the2ocan;4276149

The problem with the Samsung HE10 is it doesn't have any digital … The problem with the Samsung HE10 is it doesn't have any digital inputs....and in fact I'm not sure whether it has any inputs. Otherwise it sounds great but its use is quite restricted.

Yeah, that was one thing that put me off...but the Yamaha has two HDMI inputs and I need 3...(PS3, SKY HD, TViX Media Player) so am ******ed either way

but you can use the 2 optical inputs and the digital coax on the yamaha....unless your tv has optical to make life easier?

the samsung is quite a nasty setup, yamaha are great i have a 7.1reciever 500watt per channel. but the model package you are looking are not too good, better to buy a seperate amp/reciever if you can afford too, then seperate front speakers, centre speaker, rear speakers and a sub

otherwise these sound surprisingly awesome for their size dixons.co.uk/mar…com
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      3. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324

See more discussions