Groups

Any Surveyors or Legal people about? Need some housing advice!

I've been renting my current property for almost 2years. During this time
    I have a surveyor from the housing come 8wks ago, to assess if the house is fit enough to be classified as a 'Decent Home' it failed in many areas - he advised that there is a housing standards service that deals with complaints about repairs & standards of accommodation - it was something on the lines on HSEE or HSSA (he gave me the short name for it). I did find them on the internet & saved it as a favourite, but my laptop packed up so I have purchased a new one; however for the life of me I can't remember the name of the site/company.

Does anyone have any idea?

5 Comments

Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)?

I'm guessing you have a tenancy agreement or something along those lines, read it and see what obligations the Landlord is under - there should be clauses detailing that the property should be in fit condition etc

I would hold back the rent until the repairs were carried out, you'll soon get a response from him but be ready to fight your corner and you should be fine

Original Poster

Butterbean

Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)?

Yes, thank you ever so much - exactly what I was looking for.

roryk83

I'm guessing you have a tenancy agreement or something along those lines, … I'm guessing you have a tenancy agreement or something along those lines, read it and see what obligations the Landlord is under - there should be clauses detailing that the property should be in fit condition etcI would hold back the rent until the repairs were carried out, you'll soon get a response from him but be ready to fight your corner and you should be fine

I certainly intend to do that... Watch this space!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *Heads Up* Free Wrestling on Sunday 10pm YouTube, Facebook and WWE.com. Sum…11
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764186
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?77

See more discussions