Any techies wanna offer their opinion on this laptop?

Banned 9
Found 12th Nov 2008
ebuyer.com/pro…148

Was browsing around for a lappy for a 11 year old. Needed decent spec with a built in web cam and this stood out.

There is another exact model on ebuyer with better CPU, RAM and HDD but its too overkill for the youngen (http://www.ebuyer.com/product/149335)

Any tips, advise before i take the plunge?

Cheers

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
9 Comments

I would say it is a reasonable spec for the money. Not great spec, but not awful either.

The Sempron tends to be a slow low end CPU (rather like the Intel Celeron) and the Sempron is only a single core. May be best to try to get a Dual Core if you can.

I posted these 2 laptops from Staples the other day, the first is a dual core Celeron CPU.

hotukdeals.com/ite…-3/

There are quite a few laptops around £300 (give or take a few quid)

I listed a few discussions about them on this append (a few appends down)

hotukdeals.com/ite…old

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for the response bud but the CPU isn't gonna be playing a major factor for here. Have to bare in mind:

1. She's 11
2. Will be using for simple word processing, MS Office, Web Browsing, Odd games, MSN
3. Webcam and Bluetooth is built-in on the one i posted (essential teen thing these days)
4. I can upgrade RAM easy
5. HDD is more than enough.

If she was 18+, i think the Fuji, would be a good option.

if shes going to be keeping it in the same place/ in the house then a standalone webcam/clip on one will be the best.

Original Poster Banned

h41306.www4.hp.com/ite…1EA

£359.00 delivered.

Now thats the bargain i needed and it has the integrated webcam and mic

What you think?

Original Poster Banned

Any feedback regarding the HP laptop i posted above?

Cant find ANY reviews on it online.

jay_zizzle;3443902

Thanks for the response bud but the CPU isn't gonna be playing a major … Thanks for the response bud but the CPU isn't gonna be playing a major factor for here. Have to bare in mind:1. She's 112. Will be using for simple word processing, MS Office, Web Browsing, Odd games, MSN3. Webcam and Bluetooth is built-in on the one i posted (essential teen thing these days)4. I can upgrade RAM easy5. HDD is more than enough.If she was 18+, i think the Fuji, would be a good option.

Wish I hadn't bother to comment now. If you have already made up your mind then just buy it.

The point I am making is why pay £300 for a sinlge core CPU when you can by a Dual Core CPU for the same money.

jay_zizzle;3444007

What you think?

I think its £399

as much as i hate (DSGi) i would go for the following at the low end price range currys.co.uk/mar…m=0

and if your child is also only 11 i would recommend making sure that either your house insurence covers accidental damage or get out the "coverplan" (extended warranty) at £6.99 a month as that does cover acc dam
Post a comment
@
    Text