Any thoughts on Samsung FHD Smart TV Evolution Kit (SEK-2000) ?

Found 19th Feb 2015
Hi, can anyone share their experience of installing a Samsung FHD Smart TV Evolution Kit (SEK-2000)?

I am looking to install this on my Samsung UE55ES8000 TV.

Thank You.
Community Updates
4 Comments
It upgrades 2012 and 2013 tvs kind of up to the 2014 standard, yours being a 2012 model it will make the most difference. You get a brand new remote for it (smart remote) which I think replaces at least one of the ones you originally have.
If you bought your tv in 2012 it probably cost £1700, there was a deal on here 1 year and 9 months ago with it at £1500, I always though the upgrade kit would be a total tip of, but I think it is nearly down to £150 which isn't bad to bring up a 2012 £1700 tv up to 2014 specs.
I think the plus point are that it updates you from a dual to quad core processor, the tv can now play more video formats due to updated codecs and you get the new fancy remote, but a lot of the reviews suggest that maybe not all of the apps now work with it. I don't think it will improve picture quality or anything like that.
It is a nice update, but for less than £150-170 you could just buy a hd media player which has all of the apps anyway.
Original Poster
Thank You for such a detailed response. I am trying to find it near the £120 mark.
Trying to source one, anyone know what high Street shops sell it?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants