Expired

Any tips for a Florida family vacation?

Found 16th May
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to take my family away to Florida next easter for a 10 day break. Does anyone have any good tips on where to fly into, where to stay and good value park tickets?

There will by myself, my wife, 9 and 6 year old boys and a 4 year old girl, so obviously looking to do parks, but would like a bit of beach time in there too if possible!

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Wild Florida is really good. A nice break from the manic big parks
Edited by: "choccie32" 16th May
We've been a few times and what works for us is setting objectives;

We decided that we would split the days up in to Fun & Shopping where possible. So if day one was fun parks then day two was shopping. This give you time to recover :-) But as a family it's easy to argue about what to do so we also collected all the leaflets of the places we want to go and put them in order of priority. This means you don't spend time doing something not everyone wants to do on the first day and miss out on a thing you really want to do because you run out of time.

Similar thing when you look at the fun parks. Get everyone to priorities the rides in order. Then go to the park which scores the highest first. And get to those rides first, keep in mind some rides are not as popular but you can get on those quickly without much queuing so if they are near to other rides take advantage of that.

If cost it an issue, everyone should take a back pack into the parks with drinks and food. Also a lot of people use walkie-talkies so they can find each other and relay info about queues.

Make sure you plan every day you'll regret it if you don't. And remember if you go into restaurants allow 20% for tips and don't leave without leaving a tip or you'll most likely be chased down the road :-)

Also note the day really start at 10am so allow the kids to stay up late for places that are open late like shop & food. Enjoy!
sorry to hijack this thread...we are out there same time next year. the cost of the park tickets are as much as the holiday. does anyone know if it is cheaper to buy them out there. we don't want a 7 day ticket only 3 days but no one selling them over here. many thanks
Don't know anything about the parks as thats my idea of hell but I really like the areas around Fort Myers/Estero and on the opposite coast Melbourne down to Vero beach. Plenty to see and do and a nice slice of small town America.

I usually fly in and out of Philly and pick up an internal flight after a particularly awful flight to Orlando packed full of disney brats.
We've just got back there. Last time we went was 2003, how things have changed since then, but this forum here Dibb is a great help.
I don't know if they still do the 'fly drive' thing however, you only need to include the people driving on that.
For some reason they used to charge extra for it, yet there is no reason whatsoever to have kids on that particular package. They will be in the car yes however, no reason to pay extra for that as potentially only one or two people will actually drive.
It's a bit of a trek however, clearwater beach in Miami is nice. Didn't really go to any others as the pool at the accommodation was good enough for chilling.
I do recommend the outback restaurant for great steaks and the Ponderosa for AYCE breakfast meaning lunch can go out of the window on some days out.
Don't know where you're staying however, these were in the Kisseme area.
Edited by: "Holte_ender" 16th May
discozohan53 m ago

sorry to hijack this thread...we are out there same time next year. the …sorry to hijack this thread...we are out there same time next year. the cost of the park tickets are as much as the holiday. does anyone know if it is cheaper to buy them out there. we don't want a 7 day ticket only 3 days but no one selling them over here. many thanks

You'll find the cost of a 2 week ticket is about the same, it's crazy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants