Any tips on finding a cheap new kitchen plus bathroom with fitting?

Found 20th Sep 2017Edited by:"WaxMechaniK"
Hey all!

Just about to buy my first ever house. About time! The house I'm buying needs the kitchen gutted and replaced, its fairly small/average. Bathroom also needs replacing and is a typical standard bathroom size.

Of course depending on actual sizes and requirements, its difficult to get an accurate cost, but I've only got a rough idea on how much a new kitchen and bathroom would cost, and of course to be fitted. Could anyone give me an idea?

I don't need anything too fancy. I was also wondering if there's a good value way of doing this, or a cheap vendor, or any deals on anywhere that may help?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Bathrooms, I'd just go for any white suite and add individuality through the taps and the tiling. My local b&q has loads of tiles reduced to 30p at the moment and I am gutted because I don't need any.
When my last kitchen started to show its age, I replaced the work surface and the doors but retained the carcasses. Changed the look of the kitchen for a fraction of the price of replacing it and little to no upheaval. The one before that, I got an ex display kitchen. I believe a lot of people sell their old kitchens on eBay too. You might get lucky that way.
The key thing to saving money is to do as much of the work yourself so you are paying the professionals as little as possible. When I needed a shower fitting over the bath in my house, I did all the tiling , fitted shower screen etc and only had the plumber fit the actual shower. Diy isn't that hard and you get a great sense of achievement knowing you did it. Best wishes and good luck in your new home
I do a lot of diy and my bathroom will be the next job on my list. My kitchen worktops need replacing and that's the one job I can't do due to the cutting and joining. I need someone who can replace them but not cost an arm and a leg. I was told thats where the money is made by a joiner fitting worktops. The op could also look on Gumtree as some people order stuff and find it's not the right size or they have changed their mind and bought something else. Any advice from a kitchen fitter the cost of fitting 3 worktops. One would need a cutting for the kitchen sink and another for the hob.
try ebay search complete kitchen ( this item number is an example 142513034705 ) I managed to get an amazing deal on ready built units from a similar search..
Edited by: "vcd1man" 21st Sep 2017
summerof7634 m ago

I do a lot of diy and my bathroom will be the next job on my list. My …I do a lot of diy and my bathroom will be the next job on my list. My kitchen worktops need replacing and that's the one job I can't do due to the cutting and joining. I need someone who can replace them but not cost an arm and a leg. I was told thats where the money is made by a joiner fitting worktops. The op could also look on Gumtree as some people order stuff and find it's not the right size or they have changed their mind and bought something else. Any advice from a kitchen fitter the cost of fitting 3 worktops. One would need a cutting for the kitchen sink and another for the hob.

I don't like my worktops either but I'm like you. That is a job for the professionals.
For the kitchen, have a look on eBay. Lots of good secondhand kitchens going cheap. The first thing to do is plan your layout so you know which units you will need. The sales will also start after Christmas but a new one will still be expensive.

For worktops, Ikea do a good service where you give them all measurements and they cut it for you. Obviously you need to be very accurate with sizes. I did this with mine which has curved units and it turned out very well. Its not expensive either.

Bathrooms, just find a discount bathroom supplier and get a white suite.

Join a local group like nextdoor.co.uk and try to find a recommended handyman if you cannot do the work yourself. The only thing you need a real professional for is gas and major wiring changes. The rest is all DIYable.
paul123edwards17 m ago

For the kitchen, have a look on eBay. Lots of good secondhand kitchens …For the kitchen, have a look on eBay. Lots of good secondhand kitchens going cheap. The first thing to do is plan your layout so you know which units you will need. The sales will also start after Christmas but a new one will still be expensive.For worktops, Ikea do a good service where you give them all measurements and they cut it for you. Obviously you need to be very accurate with sizes. I did this with mine which has curved units and it turned out very well. Its not expensive either.Bathrooms, just find a discount bathroom supplier and get a white suite.Join a local group like nextdoor.co.uk and try to find a recommended handyman if you cannot do the work yourself. The only thing you need a real professional for is gas and major wiring changes. The rest is all DIYable.

Thank you for posting this information about Ikea. If they do the cutting I can fit them and save some money
Thanks everyone! Appreciate the responses.

Currently hunting around for reduced bits, and also eBay or other sites for ex display kitchens. Great idea!
WaxMechaniK2 h, 19 m ago

Thanks everyone! Appreciate the responses.Currently hunting around for …Thanks everyone! Appreciate the responses.Currently hunting around for reduced bits, and also eBay or other sites for ex display kitchens. Great idea!

Let us know how you get on
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants