Any tips or advice appreciated. Off to Crete and was wondering how best to keep in touch (not by postcards thanks) -

7 replies
Found 8th Aug 2016
AM I better off to buy some overseas minutes (package thingy) from EE. Of get a SIM that offers good overseas rates??? People talk of getting a local SIM - might be tricky?

SO any help?

Thanks

7 Comments

Has the hotel not got wifi?? Then you could use free messaging apps such as whatsapp....?

Original Poster

Hi

Yes it has but from the reviews I gather it is pretty useless.

I have been working in the UK telecoms industry for 16 years, my advice is to use the Hotel WiFi on skype / whats app, (which is great for messages and the odd picture) or purchase a local sim card when you get to your hotel (assuming your mobile phone is not locked to a UK provider), otherwise enjoy your holiday and leave the real world behind during your stay. best regards R

If its a business trip, look at tesco and 3 deals. If its a holiday turn your phone off.

Postcards.

Greece is part of Three's feel at home deal where you can use your contract minutes, texts and data as if you are in the UK.

Not sure that helps though as you would need to take out a contract with Three. Maybe you could ring EE and see if they offer an equivalent.

Original Poster

thanks @Leonintelex
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769463
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247627
    3. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.1010
    4. Cat Chat78760

See more discussions