Any tips when to book flights?

Posted 4th Oct
I am thinking about a last minute getaway for next week within europe and have been monitoring flight prices for the last 2 days. Throughout the day the prices fluctuate ridiculously. For example, earlier today 2 tickets one way were £107, the same airline/flights this evening are now £159. A friend of mine said to not order at £107 at around 2pm as the evening will likely be cheaper. It turned out to be far more expensive. Same issue for returning flights.

It seems they check your cookies and realise that you've been looking and they bump the price up. At one point the tickets were £121 for me on my device, my friend then used his laptop and they came out at £131, 15 mins later £134. Bizarre.

Any tips other than to buy the tickets when you immediately see them available?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Basically at the moment any usual trends or advice should be basically ignored as a major provider has just gone bust meaning everyone is rebooking their holidays and reduced capacity is making flight costs fluctuate a lot. If you want the holiday then just book it, in all likelihood at worst you’ll only overpay by a few pounds per ticket but at least you will have your holiday booked and peace of mind about that. Ironically each time you and others check the price it drives up the prices making it more expensive. It’ll be like this until after Christmas.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 4th Oct
Where can you fly from?
Latedeals are good for package holidays latedeals.co.uk/sea…462
LDEMAIL25 for £25 off
Try clearing cookies before you book as well. Sure they monitor if you have visited previously.

Might be the tinfoil hat brigade but can’t see it hurting
justanothercid04/10/2019 08:40

Try clearing cookies before you book as well. Sure they monitor if you …Try clearing cookies before you book as well. Sure they monitor if you have visited previously.Might be the tinfoil hat brigade but can’t see it hurting

Good advice, no tin foil required! looked at a flight a few days ago then it started creeping up in price each day by almost 50%,, the minute I booked it went back to the original price.
What airline is this post about?
use VPN from a server from south asia region, prices seem to be cheap compared to EU server
Mid week should be cheaper, I was looking at Valencia and it was coming up as £111, but brought it down to £85 by moving to a Wed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants