Groups

any TPO network users here got stuck with the 4G migration?

It seems like TPO has totally screwed up the PAC code transfer for every users, including me. Both of the phone numbers (old and new) are not recognized on the network anymore yet my phone can make calls on the new sim. the customer service hotline has closed down. What is going on there?

11 Comments

My SIM is working at the moment, also they haven't transferred most of my credit across.

I noticed that my number was unreachable at times last week, to the extend that people wouldn't even be able to leave an answer phone message. It appears to be working fine right now so. Also the new answer phone system seems unnecessarily convoluted IMO.
    What is not working for me is the notification icon on the phone that tells me that I have a message waiting for me on the TPO answer phone. I literally have to call the answer phone to check if there are any new messages. I believe I have press 1 3 times, after dialling the answer phone, in order to listen to a new message.
    Edited by: "SUMMONER" 10th Aug 2016

There's a large thread on MSE, looks like a lot of people had problems.

SUMMONER

My SIM is working at the moment, also they haven't transferred most of my … My SIM is working at the moment, also they haven't transferred most of my credit across.I noticed that my number was unreachable at times last week, to the extend that people wouldn't even be able to leave an answer phone message. It appears to be working fine right now so. Also the new answer phone system seems unnecessarily convoluted IMO.What is not working for me is the notification icon on the phone that tells me that I have a message waiting for me on the TPO answer phone. I literally have to call the answer phone to check if there are any new messages. I believe I have press 1 3 times, after dialling the answer phone, in order to listen to a new message.

Same here still waiting for the credit pre 4G upgrade to be put back onto my account. As soon as the credit is used I'm porting my number to Three. Their customer service is dreadful.

not with these but transferred number to Life this week took 5 days could have been done in 1, in fact they managed to do my daughters in 1 last week. reading up about it, there are loads of complaints about porting numbers and the time it takes, which I guess can only be compounded when a network does as big a change as this one did.

Mine is now in spare phone (as was second sim in main phone but only 2g slot). Was just going to use up credit (£16ish) then port out to probably Asda (can't find cheaper). Number moved on but credit not moved yet and can't get balance update as 1250 no longer works.

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Mine is now in spare phone (as was second sim in main phone but only 2g … Mine is now in spare phone (as was second sim in main phone but only 2g slot). Was just going to use up credit (£16ish) then port out to probably Asda (can't find cheaper). Number moved on but credit not moved yet and can't get balance update as 1250 no longer works.

My Credit has just come onto my account today after the 4G switchover. The balance number 1250 is still working for me.

Edited by: "Sprograt" 12th Aug 2016

SUMMONER

My SIM is working at the moment, also they haven't transferred most of my … My SIM is working at the moment, also they haven't transferred most of my credit across.I noticed that my number was unreachable at times last week, to the extend that people wouldn't even be able to leave an answer phone message. It appears to be working fine right now so. Also the new answer phone system seems unnecessarily convoluted IMO.What is not working for me is the notification icon on the phone that tells me that I have a message waiting for me on the TPO answer phone. I literally have to call the answer phone to check if there are any new messages. I believe I have press 1 3 times, after dialling the answer phone, in order to listen to a new message.

My credit has just come through after the 4G switchover.

Sprograt

My credit has just come through after the 4G switchover.

Excellent!

Just checked the website and they have moved "some more" of of my old credit across now. I dread having to call and argue with them about the exact amount. They didn't credit me my partially used bundle for that month either.

Probably best to leave it until next week, they are bound to be still rather busy fixing stuff.
    Edited by: "SUMMONER" 12th Aug 2016

SUMMONER

Excellent!Just checked the website and they have moved "some more" of of … Excellent!Just checked the website and they have moved "some more" of of my old credit across now. I dread having to call and argue with them about the exact amount. They didn't credit me my partially used bundle for that month either. :(Probably best to leave it until next week, they are bound to be still rather busy fixing stuff.

I'm glad you got your credit.

I received a "Welcome to 4G" email from TPO today. Looks like the migration process is complete.

Original Poster

thanks guys but TPO has already failed me. Switched to 3 already with £50 amazon voucher + £30 quidco cashback (_;)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon S&S price fix question22
      2. Has anyone found any Baileys Pumpkin Spiced for sale in the UK ?33
      3. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?11
      4. Three connection45

See more discussions