Expired

any train drivers on here?? advice needed for structured intrview

Found 11th Sep 2013
just after a bit of advice, my husband has passed the 1st stage of the train driver tests for a job as a train driver, on friday he has a reaction test and structured interview in watford. Was wondering if anybody had been through this and what to expect, he is quite confident on the reaction test but struggling with the structured interview and practicing for it. We have googled and been on forums just looking for a bit of advice of what they will be looking for and wording in the interview. You can only apply twice for a train driver position and he is quite worried as the structured interview is with a psychologist.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
17 Comments
Original Poster

is he a train driver? if so do you think he would mind if i messaged him? Thanks

D_G

http://www.hotukdeals.com/profile/deeky

nkje02

is he a train driver? if so do you think he would mind if i messaged him? … is he a train driver? if so do you think he would mind if i messaged him? Thanks

woah, best not to wake him up now.

wait until he finishes work.
you need to be really well up on what the company is all about...its history...whats its aims are...what you can offer to the company, ask about the training and what kind of things could promotion lead to...(its basicly intsrtucting or management ...and neither appeal to me but show that your interested in learning and progressing., ..the company i drive for had a sort of charter and its good to know it.also they will be looking for examples of how you can concentrate for long times on your own and any times you have had to deal with emergencies .
there are reaction tests on the internet somewhere but i never used them as i was driving before they were really online but im sure google will help you out.
my mate just recently failed it on the dots test but he has been told that it is not going to be part of the test soon , so not sure if it has changed yet....but basicaly if it is still in the test ,as in all of the sections , easy to say but dont panic !, also dont try catch up , just stop ...and then wait till your composed again.....
good luck
Banned
Ha, ha, ha,
Banned
The best thing to do with the psychologist interview is not even think about it, it is generally the ones who try to over think it and give the "right" answers who end up being rejected. Not necessarily train driving but for positions in general
Banned
lookingfordeals2013

The best thing to do with the psychologist interview is not even think … The best thing to do with the psychologist interview is not even think about it, it is generally the ones who try to over think it and give the "right" answers who end up being rejected. Not necessarily train driving but for positions in general

69?
Last time I seen it, it had a lights test, loads of coloured dots came up and you had to get them etc, I think I got a copy of the program somewhere still actually!
I'm a train driver instructor. Will give you some pointers later, a little busy now.
Check your PM
Original Poster
Hi thanks for the info. He has already past the dot test and mechanical. He just has the reaction test which he has been practicing bop it (we were told it helps prepare for it) the structured interview is where he's struggling the think of answers as seen the sort of questions they ask. The interview is not with the company he has applied with its with a seperate company who deal with this and if he passes this he then has another interview with who he applied with. Thanks
Banned
nkje02

is he a train driver? if so do you think he would mind if i messaged him? … is he a train driver? if so do you think he would mind if i messaged him? Thanks

He is yes. He wont mind im sure.
t_kaay

I'm a train driver instructor. Will give you some pointers later, a … I'm a train driver instructor. Will give you some pointers later, a little busy now.

I hope you wasn't typing that while driving lol
SamuraiHQ

I hope you wasn't typing that while driving lol

Nope....strictly phones off policy in our cabs!!!!!
Original Poster
Thanks guys, he's gone this morning. He's really nervous hope it doesn't show to much x
so. how was it?
Original Poster
He passed the reaction test, had the structured interview which he said was the worst thing he had even done, just got to wait for results they said contact the company he applied with in 3-4 days time x
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants