Any upcoming deals via Amazon UK on Palit 1080ti cards?

Found 15th Jul
Been saving up, for £500 in vouchers on amazon and hoping for some deals on the Palit 1080 ti, that is hopefully closer to £600. I am not having much faith in my current RX-480 to be honest, specially Sapphire as a brand.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments

Sapphire are a decent brand and the 480 isn't too bad considering 580s aren't that much of an upgrade. I doubt you'll see TI close to 600 for some time yet.

Vega launches in a month or two and will compete with the 1070/1080s I guess so you should maybe wait out but keep an eye and order as soon as it arrives.

What exactly are the problems you're having with your Sapphire 480? Sapphire seems to be a very well regarded manufacture of AMD GPU's.

Original Poster

ostinato

What exactly are the problems you're having with your Sapphire 480? … What exactly are the problems you're having with your Sapphire 480? Sapphire seems to be a very well regarded manufacture of AMD GPU's.

First card the fat started to make lots of noise on full pelt, card RMA'ed and replaced
Second (more expensive as the first one was out of stock failed in mid game, totally dead pc would not see it. Took just about two months as the card was sent to Sapphire
I build an amd system rx360 (I think) for my mum/nephew (when he stays), all new components...card failed , would not boot next day and pc was switched off correctly.
Now I am having issues with my third card, not been able to make full diagnosis yet so cannot comment.
Again this is on fresh new build I did led of last year (new cpu+aio liquid cooling, mobo, gpu, psu,the only think that I reused was the case and dvd drives. I have had amd cars now for over 6 years (no sapphire though) and not had this many issues as I am experiencing now. Which is why I lost all confidence in the brand.

Original Poster

To add, my 480 was purchased via OvcUK and the 360 via amazon, amazon replaced it with next day delivery as well.
Post a comment
@
    Text