Posted 9th Jan 2023
So basically, I was gifted a 25 dollar giftcard from Amazon. Unfortunately, they mistakenly used .com and not .co.uk. It seems I cannot use this on the UK site, and they can't transfer it over. I can't even use it to buy a Netflix voucher cause I can't watch that in the UK either. I could obviously buy something from America but for that amount the postage will be as much as the item is worth. Is there anything else I could do with it? Any suggestions?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I could give it to my American friend if you don't want it or isn't of any use to you
    Author
    Thanks for replies guys, I just ended up buying an online friend in America something. Shame you cant transfer things over really (even between two UK accounts, or won't let you buy a giftcard with another one). (edited)
    You can't transfer because converting a currency requires a license from the bank regulator and is subject to significant regulation that no retailer wants.
    Buy me some xbox gift cards
    Might work If you change the location to USA in the app and then make sure you keep your address, there was a message at the top saying only ship to your UK address. Then type in the search "items under $25" a couple of things I clicked on showed free postage others showed delivery and fees 😁. Other than that if its a code would cardyard accept it? (edited)
    I could swap it for a 12 months Nintendo Switch Online code if that’s any good to you?
    It wouldn't cost too much for postage, it all depends on if u would want anything from Amazon US.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants